New Tech and Inventions - Good and Bad

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

New Tech and Inventions - Good and Bad

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Have you seen any new cool stuff? Or new stuff that sucks? Here are some examples;

The Acrea Zest is a little plastic car available in Europe. It has no top at all, and the floors are drilled out to allow rain to pass through. It weighs 1/3 that of a typical vehicle, has a gas engine that gets 66 miles per gallon, and has a top speed of 60 miles per hour. It is built symmetrically, so it can also do 60 MPH in reverse. Sweet! They go for around $16,400

The XPV R.A.D. Robotic Air Defense toy ($65) is billed as an awesome flying robot toy. While the unit does fly, and the figure attached does light up and do some talking, I'm hard pressed to call him a robot. I expect more out of a robot than blinking eyes and missile sounds. However, the thing still seems cool.

Capable of performing amazing aerial stunts. Flight range of over 300 feet. Flies up to 30 MPH and over 20 stories. New, super-light stealth styling inspired by real stealth planes. Twin turbo engine design. Made with impact resistant material. Includes first aid vehicle repair kit. Detachable blaster included. 2 Channel controller.

Not only that, but the thing drives on land and the XPV battery charger can charge other USB devices you may have on you.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

I think the car needs a top but is otherwise cool for non highway drivin. The other toy is pretty awesome.

Don't you need a pair of hopping wind up leiderhosen?

"A company called The Pond Inc. is now selling a product called "Subtle Butt", billed as a fart neutralizer, to eliminate smelly flatulence.

It's an activated carbon fabric pad, measuring 3.25" x 3.25" square, and adheres to the inside of your underwear with two self-adhesive strips.

As the wind breaks, Subtle Butt filters the flatulence, absorbing and neutralizing its odor. Now you can eat as many burritos you want and still have a social life.

Available in a five pack, they retail for $9.95 per pack..."
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

The Beer Pager: Never Lose Your Beer Again

The beer pager is basically a coaster with attached koozie that you put your beer in. If for any reason you misplace your precious life-blood you just push the page button and your beer loudly belches, indicating its location. The thing costs $20, runs on AAA batteries, and is pretty darned stupid. I mean, who misplaces a beer anyway? Sure I often lose unimportant items like my driver's license and wedding ring, but beer? Come on. Not to mention you're f'ed if you lose the pager. Finally, isn't it a little ridiculous that a product called The Beer Pager features a Coca-Cola can in the picture? Gluing a koozie to your hand: 1, The Beer Pager: 0.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

and lastly... http://www.throx.com/home.html ... nough said.

Ouch bbo, that beer pager, just bad.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

The Motorola Q9h (or Global as some like to call it).

With a full qwerty-keyboard, Windows Mobile 6, quad-band, 3G, fast web browsing, messaging with MMS, SMS, and Instant Messaging through Yahoo, a 2.0 camera with flash that zooms, multiple video formats, Opera browser, MS Office pre-loaded, option to add an SD card for more storage, will sync with my Google Calendar over the air, Bluetooth capabilities, plus a large number of inexpensive third party programs on can get to add to the versatility all make it a phone I really enjoy.

Dislikes after having it: the screen is small, and, although I can zoom in, I would like a screen the size of an iPhone's! lol The scrolling is slow and tedious to get to the lower part of a webpage, and it has this nasty habit of not wanting to come out of sleep mode at times!

All in all, I love it. It keeps me in touch with my kids, elders, and friends, by phone, instant message, with pictures, or online pretty much no matter where I am (some parts of Canada and Alaska didn't have coverage).
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Ha! Throx. That rox.
That's a nice unit, t!

Spy Pen Detects Wireless and RF Signals

The Auto Detective pen detects wireless and RF signals. The light starts blinking when it detects "signals within the ranges of 900/1200/1300 and 2400/2600/3000MHz". The faster the blinking the closer you are to the spy device you're detecting. As an added bonus it's supposed to have some feature that helps detect counterfeit bills. The unit runs $16 and is made in China. I've already placed my order. I have reason to believe my girlfriend bugged the house because she suspects I'm cheating. Which I am, but she'll never catch me. The bag-lady and I only make love at the bus-stop. I don't invite her over because she smells like urine.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Bag....urine.......

Good idea to keep it outta the house, yeah.
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I guess I forgot the smiley. :)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I kinda read one in between the words.

I still think it's best left out of the house! ;-)
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awip2062 wrote:The Motorola Q9h (or Global as some like to call it).

With a full qwerty-keyboard, Windows Mobile 6, quad-band, 3G, fast web browsing, messaging with MMS, SMS, and Instant Messaging through Yahoo, a 2.0 camera with flash that zooms, multiple video formats, Opera browser, MS Office pre-loaded, option to add an SD card for more storage, will sync with my Google Calendar over the air, Bluetooth capabilities, plus a large number of inexpensive third party programs on can get to add to the versatility all make it a phone I really enjoy.

Dislikes after having it: the screen is small, and, although I can zoom in, I would like a screen the size of an iPhone's! lol The scrolling is slow and tedious to get to the lower part of a webpage, and it has this nasty habit of not wanting to come out of sleep mode at times!

All in all, I love it. It keeps me in touch with my kids, elders, and friends, by phone, instant message, with pictures, or online pretty much no matter where I am (some parts of Canada and Alaska didn't have coverage).
Looks very similar to the phone nokia had out long before the iphone yet failed to advertise allowing them to get all the hype on those do it all phones :P

Now lets be serious, who is going to type a report on ms office on a tiny little keyboard. Cell phones smell phones :P

(normally I hate all cell phones, but when apple made one it amplified my hate of that cellphone more by association, just to clarify :P)
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

For The Ladies: Handscape Rings Are Clever

The Handscape ring collection from Netherlands designer Zelda Bauchampet turns your fingers into a pleasant little landscape. Some of the rings are buildings, others are animals or trees. They probably won't help you punch through the window of your boyfriend's car. They're for sale, but no word on price. I'm ordering a set for my girlfriend, to try to make up for that whole "making out with another girl by the dumpster behind the bar" thing that went down a few nights ago. Oh wait, she doesn't know about that. Cancel the order.

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sir Myghin wrote:
Now lets be serious, who is going to type a report on ms office on a tiny little keyboard. Cell phones smell phones :P
I wrote many documents in MS Office on my PDA using Graffiti and have written a number in it on this phone. The fact that it is a full-qwerty keyboard makes it really easy to type on, actually.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Big Blue Owl wrote: For The Ladies: Handscape Rings Are Clever

The Handscape ring collection from Netherlands designer Zelda Bauchampet turns your fingers into a pleasant little landscape. Some of the rings are buildings, others are animals or trees. They probably won't help you punch through the window of your boyfriend's car. They're for sale, but no word on price. I'm ordering a set for my girlfriend, to try to make up for that whole "making out with another girl by the dumpster behind the bar" thing that went down a few nights ago. Oh wait, she doesn't know about that. Cancel the order.

I don't really wear much jewelry, but those look kinda cool! And, no, I wouldn't punch out someone's window with them, but I do walk with my keys between my fingers when I am alone in a dark place, and those rings would be similar, and, undroppable, in case of a need to defend oneself.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

^^^^^^^^^^^

So much for a "Mood Ring DENT"!!! :razz:
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Just for giggles I checked their price.

I'll stick with mood rings! LOL
Onward and Upward!