I am going to play drums with the Phantom.

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

I am going to play drums with the Phantom.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Ok, I mentioned a while back I was going to do an AIDS benefit at my job owners bar on October 19th.

The special guests are a select few of the cast of the Phantom of the Opera!!!!!

They are in town, and I was contacted by the liason today with the song list.

I will only be playing possibly 7 tunes from the night of fun. Along with supplying rim shots and stuff for the Vaudevillian parts.

Ok, I will level with you all, I will be playing a gay bar.

Wanna test my masculinity?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyhow, here is one of the songs we will be doing. It is from Monty Python, and it is called Sit on my Face.

WARNING.....................It's PYTHON. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xck9FaO_ ... re=related

Disclaimer..................................... No, I won't be showing my ass. :roll:
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

You won't? Bah! Then what is the point in going to see ya play? ;-)

This sounds like you are going to have a blast! And, I am not worried about you and your masculinity going to a gay bar.

Are you also going to do Every Sperm is Sacred? LOL
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

No a bunch of Streisand and Garland though.

A few others and then just sitting there and having fun.

Free drinks and getting to go to work late on Monday with no dock in pay is worth the time alone. And the rehearsals are at 5pm only on Thursday, so that day I will only miss the last hour so I can go get set up on time.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Re: I am going to play drums with the Phantom.

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Ok, I mentioned a while back I was going to do an AIDS benefit at my job owners bar on October 19th.

The special guests are a select few of the cast of the Phantom of the Opera!!!!!

I will only be playing possibly 7 tunes from the night of fun. Along with supplying rim shots and stuff for the Vaudevillian parts.

Anyhow, here is one of the songs we will be doing. It is from Monty Python, and it is called Sit on my Face.

Disclaimer..................................... No, I won't be showing my ass. :roll:

So what if it's the Blue Oyster Bar...a gig is a gig Bro. Break a leg.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

See Leon at The Velvet Spike! One show only! Show your appreciation by bringing in your g-strings and "tossing" them up to the drum-stud!

All kidding aside, bro. It says a lot about you to say fuggeddaboutit and rock the gays. You will be paid back in karma ten-fold.

Advice. If you are throwing/spinning a stick and it drops to the floor...let it lay, eh? :-D
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
YYZ30

Re: I am going to play drums with the Phantom.

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Ok, I mentioned a while back I was going to do an AIDS benefit at my job owners bar on October 19th.

Like Siggy said, so what? It's a gig isn't it? I certainly wouldn't doubt you manhood. I think you're 2x the man for doing the gig for charity to be honest.
Walkinghairball

You guys slay me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I know it's not a test of manhood, I am just a minority in a strange land going thru the normal insecurities but not.

I figure this will make me look better in the big picture and that is my biggest motivation.

Plus, the song, "Sit on My Face", is freakin funny. :-D
You will be paid back in karma ten-fold.
Agreed. A good deed is a good deed.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

We can laugh and joke, but people are people no matter how.....ummm...not "small", but, well, you know.
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

That reminds me of something I wanted to say in the Politics thread, darn it!
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

So go say it!
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

Well ................. one rehearsal down and it went really well.

I didn't lose as much of my sight reading chops as I had thought, I just wish I would have had at least another week of listening to the music prior to it.

Oh well. I think it will go well on Sunday.

Larry was so pleased he went on about it all night at the vendor dinner at his condo. Oh yeah, prime rib and twice baked was fantastic. :-D
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Sounds like a good time for all Hairy!

Break a leg and keep the time steady Bro.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

good luck Leon.. the gay bar thing is not an issue.. let me clue you in on something, they do not skimp on the booze when they make their drinks and the drinks are cheap, at least the ones I have been to.
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Well ................. one rehearsal down and it went really well.

I didn't lose as much of my sight reading chops as I had thought, I just wish I would have had at least another week of listening to the music prior to it.

Oh well. I think it will go well on Sunday.

Larry was so pleased he went on about it all night at the vendor dinner at his condo. Oh yeah, prime rib and twice baked was fantastic. :-D
Break a leg dude.
Walkinghairball

Thanks guys, yeah it should be quite the party.

Soup, as far as boozed up cheap drinks.......................2 crown and cokes in tall glasses cost me $13.00 last night, but at show time they will be free. :D

Yeah, and not a bad pour either.

Oh yeah, the Liason from Phantom, Billy will be in drag as Judy Garland all night. That dude has a huge powerful voice. I was impressed.

Then again what would one expect from the understudy for all the male rolls of the Phantom?
This space for rent