Formula 1

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

An hour before the race starts, here's my prediction: if MS doesn't overtake Rubens on the first corner, there'll be a "problem" of some kind with one of Rubnes's pit-stops which lets MS take the lead.

If MS does beat RB to the first corner, it'll be due to a "technical" glitch affecting RB's start.

Summary: MS will finish ahead of his team-mate, but not as a result of better driving.
Devil's Advocate

Wellll...... That was interesting. Did anyone else keep count of the number of rules that got broken?
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Rules? What rules? :P
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance.
schuette

Post by schuette »

Devil's Advocate wrote:

Summary: MS will finish ahead of his team-mate, but not as a result of better driving.
you really dont like MS do you.....and how wrong you were!!
Devil's Advocate

schuette wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

No, I was right insofar as he overtook Rubens in a manner that had nothing to do with which of them was driving better.

And you may have noticed that Rubens had a "problem" with his first pit-stop.
schuette

Post by schuette »

Devil's Advocate wrote:
schuette wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

No, I was right insofar as he overtook Rubens in a manner that had nothing to do with which of them was driving better.

aye Schuey overtook Rubens cuz Schuey was the worst driver :roll: ......and Rubens was behind Schuey at the first pitstop......
Devil's Advocate

schuette wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
schuette wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:Summary: MS will finish ahead of his team-mate, but not as a result of better driving.

aye Schuey overtook Rubens cuz Schuey was the worst driver :roll:
How could he have been quicker by a margin enough to overtake from the beginning of the straight? He didn't slip-stream; if he had done the overtake would have been later (and thereby legal).

Rubens either didn't expect MS to try an illegal overtaking move, or he let Schumacher past.
......and Rubens was behind Schuey at the first pitstop......
And that "problem" ensured he stayed behind.
schuette

Post by schuette »

his move was legal.......Rubens was still in front when they passed the start line..........and if Rubens wasn't expecting someone to overtake him he should pay more attention.........and that's crap about the pitstop you make it sound as if it was about 20 secs long!
Devil's Advocate

schuette wrote:his move was legal.......Rubens was still in front when they passed the start line..........
According to the timing computer, there was zero time difference between them. That it put Barrichello first was a mere technicality.

In any case, it's clear that Schumacher's intention was illegal.
and if Rubens wasn't expecting someone to overtake him he should pay more attention.........
If he wasn't expecting to be overtaken at that point, it's probably because it was not legal to overtake.
and that's crap about the pitstop you make it sound as if it was about 20 secs long!
The "problem" added a second or two. It was enough.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Hey folks, I really don't follow Formula 1, but I used to work at a race track. (Drag and Circle). But I do think the stuff is cool. Any how, my question is simple and to the point.
Who's car blew up/caught fire in the pits last weekend?
I saw a quick snippit on ESPN or whatever channel it was on.
Just wondering...............Is all involved ok. That kind of stuff.
This space for rent
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Walkinghairball wrote:Hey folks, I really don't follow Formula 1, but I used to work at a race track. (Drag and Circle). But I do think the stuff is cool. Any how, my question is simple and to the point.
Who's car blew up/caught fire in the pits last weekend?
I saw a quick snippit on ESPN or whatever channel it was on.
Just wondering...............Is all involved ok. That kind of stuff.
I don't think anything like that happened in the F1 race (as far as a car catching fire). Ralf Schumacher did suffer a nasty crash during the race and was taken away in an ambulance. He's okay though, just some bumps and bruises.
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance.
schuette

Post by schuette »

Mark Webber's Jag went on fire but not in the pits...
schuette

Post by schuette »

well DA what you gonna say about Schuey this time and how he cheated his way to a win???

With an extra pitstop to everyone else he still managed to win with a lead of 8 seconds and it seems that McLaren have actually made a step in the right direction with DC finishing 6th and Kimi 7th..
and what about that manouvre that Rubens did on Trulli at the 2nd last corner of the last lap...that was brilliant :-D

And as earlier thought Ralf didn't escape from the crash without any injuries, he suffered two spinal fractures which is gonna put him out of racing for at least 3 month...
Devil's Advocate

schuette wrote:well DA what you gonna say about Schuey this time and how he cheated his way to a win???...
Nothing. Not even Schumacher cheats every time, and I never said he did.

I thought the TV coverage was the crappiest this year. All the action was missed while the cameras followed the leaders. Zzzzzzz.
schuette

Post by schuette »

he didn't do it in style as he never won but Schuey getting his 7th WDC is brilliant. We all knew he was gonna get it again this year but it was still good when he got it :-D