I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL FOOTBALL SEASON !!!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

by-tor wrote:
EndlesslyRocking wrote:As for Joe Horn, don't get me started on that miserable piece of s&%t...
The guy can play...that's all I really care about. I never saw the big deal in the cell phone, or TO's Sharpie in the sock. The way I look at it, if the other teams have a problem with it, keep those guys out of the end zone.
Sportsmanship. Class. Dignity. Grace. Maturity. Professionalism. Respect.

Any of this ringing a bell?

Sorry, I disagree on this. TO is...well, Carolyn won't let me say it, but I can't stand that low rent petty thug. He sullies a beautiful game with his presence.

Joe Horn's thing...of course it's not the end of the world, just one more step down the ladder of incivility, selfishness, and vulgarity.

JOE HORN IS LEADING OUR CHILDREN DOWN A MORAL SEWER!

Okay...that was a little over the top....

;)
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Here's to a season ending injury for TO...
Happy 2015!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:Sportsmanship. Class. Dignity. Grace. Maturity. Professionalism. Respect.

Any of this ringing a bell?
I understand where you're coming from, I just look at it a bit differently. For the most part, I see things like the cell phone and sharpie as a sign of expression for an achievement, and part as entertainment (which the fans paid to be). As long as it's not in the face of the other team (like TO's spike on the Dallas star), I don't really have a problem with it. It's not really new to the game...the Iggy Shuffle, that touchdown splash thing where all the guys would fall backwards (was the Da Bears? ).
EndlesslyRocking wrote:Sorry, I disagree on this. TO is...well, Carolyn won't let me say it, but I can't stand that low rent petty thug. He sullies a beautiful game with his presence.
I would give that 'honor' to Keyshan Johnson (or Dieon Sanders if he comes back).
EndlesslyRocking wrote:JOE HORN IS LEADING OUR CHILDREN DOWN A MORAL SEWER!
I thought that was my job? :razz:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
EndlesslyRocking

Keyshawn Johnson is no better. I just have a particular hatred for Terrell Owens. I wish George Teague would've knocked him unconscious in Dallas that day.

What I don't like is the pre-meditation in those acts. Nothing spontaneous about it. Pre-planned.

Think about Barry Sanders, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Marshall Faulk. These guys have class. I hate all that BS celebration stuff (I hated the Rams Bird dance stuff). I agree with the announcers: act like you've been there before.

JMHO
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I think team celebrations are OK, ie the Ram's bird, However I hate individual celebrations... The offensive line had to protect the QB and the QB had to throw a perfect pass to the WR. Football is a team game and usually big plays are the result of a team effort. Guys like TO do not get that because they are selfish and they like to bring attention to themselves. I hope somebody lays him out this year. and the last time I saw Dieon Sanders playing, which was Halloween 1999, Marvin Harrison was blowing past him on a 60 yard go route to the end zone. He should stay retired. I wonder if he can tackle now?
Happy 2015!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Soup4Rush wrote:and the last time I saw Dieon Sanders playing, which was Halloween 1999, Marvin Harrison was blowing past him on a 60 yard go route to the end zone. He should stay retired. I wonder if he can tackle now?
Do you think he learned how in retirement? :lol:
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

nah... I think he probably is still a big mouth p***y who is afraid to hit anybody.
Happy 2015!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

'Neon Dieon' never quite understood the 'contact sport' thing. :lol:
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:TO is...well, Carolyn won't let me say it, but I can't stand that low rent petty thug.
ER, you make me proud! :-D
Soup4Rush wrote:nah... I think he probably is still a big mouth p***y who is afraid to hit anybody.
hooray!! you guys are starting to catch on! :P

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

happysmilies007 wrote:hooray!! you guys are starting to catch on! :P

Pffft....cause it's only pre-season. Wait until regular season starts, and the Lambs get blown out at home to the Cards. You'll have to edit your ass off. :lol:
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

by-tor wrote:
happysmilies007 wrote:hooray!! you guys are starting to catch on! :P

Pffft....cause it's only pre-season. Wait until regular season starts, and the Lambs get blown out at home to the Cards. You'll have to edit your ass off. :lol:
or when Bulger goes down with a greenstick fracture and every Lamb fan says, "wish we would have kept our MVP Warner"
Happy 2015!
EndlesslyRocking

That's it. Now you're both on the list.
:x

;)

Warner is damaged goods, all thanks to Mike Martz' idiotic blocking schemes and 5 man patterns in the first two years of his head coaching. He abandoned protecting the QB, and Warner paid the price for Martz' arrogance. How many teams go into the season without a real fullback on the roster? I liked Warner a lot and wish him well in NY (not too well, of course...). But I think he's a shell of his former self. We'll see. I'll always be grateful for 1999.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:That's it. Now you're both on the list.
:x

;)
Do yourself....and your team a favor. Put Mike Martz on that list. :razz: :twisted:
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:I liked Warner a lot and wish him well in NY (not too well, of course...). But I think he's a shell of his former self.
pfft. not with the fifty-some-odd-million bucks they spent on manning. i WISH he was playing, he's obviously got more experience & i hate to see him on the sidelines. i just don't think eli manning is all he's cracked up to be. it's not that he's a bad QB, he's really good, i just don't think he was worth that much to put Warner behind him. well, i guesh we'll see who starts when the reg season FINALLY begins!!

either way, Panthers still beat NY!! :-D

"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
EndlesslyRocking

happysmilies007 wrote:
EndlesslyRocking wrote:I liked Warner a lot and wish him well in NY (not too well, of course...). But I think he's a shell of his former self.
pfft. not with the fifty-some-odd-million bucks they spent on manning. i WISH he was playing, he's obviously got more experience & i hate to see him on the sidelines. i just don't think eli manning is all he's cracked up to be. it's not that he's a bad QB, he's really good, i just don't think he was worth that much to put Warner behind him. well, i guesh we'll see who starts when the reg season FINALLY begins!!

either way, Panthers still beat NY!! :-D

Warner was named the starter for NY today...