Preparing for a Rush Concert

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

rushlight

Preparing for a Rush Concert

Post by rushlight »

I'm curious as to what you will wear before you go to a Rush concert? Do you wear just a concert shirt from other tours they did? I've been feeling a little crafty and am designing a shirt with Rush from the 2112 era. Way back, I drew Rush in a cubist fashion (think Picasso) and a few of my friends liked my style. I even had to make another 2112 drawing because one girl liked my Rush drawing so much, she wanted it. After creating a new 2112 pic, I've decided to paint it on a black shirt. The last concert I went to, I saw a guy with a flag draped around himself (no! he wasn't nude!) and he covered it with every single Rush button he collected. Xanadu is telling me that she is making some Rush shirts for her and some friends for the next concert she'll attend. What about any of you? :)
I love my Welshman.
Death Rattle

Post by Death Rattle »

I'm not to crafty or creative, so if I do get tickets (fingers crossed :)) I will probably just wear a Rush shirt.. guess I'm kinda boring :(
schuette

Post by schuette »

hiya and welcome Death Rattle :D

I'll be putting on my Signals t-shirt that Ai sent me, as well as jeans and stuff :wink: I'll probably put some make-up on and then I'll be ready to go :D
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

As well high Death Rattle,

Make up shu, you don't need that!

I wore a t-shirt that said: someday I'll live by the rules, with a skelton biker dude and his skelton woman on the back of a hog.
schuette

Post by schuette »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:Make up shu, you don't need that!
I'm hoping that Neil notices me and decides that I'm too gorgeous and he has to speak to me :wink: :P :D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

All my old gig shirts wore out, which is what I would have worn if I had them. I figure I will go looking like I ususally do: jeans, tee-shirt, flannel or sweat shirt over it. Since it will be summer, I may just wear the flanner arouond my waist until it geds chilly out. And I will either wear sneakers or 'skins.

Most of my prep has been paying for the tickets, gedding monies to buy stuff there, that kind of stuff. I also want to make sure my kiddos know ALL the Rush songs that we will likely hear.

DeathRattle! What a cool name! Welcome!
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

haven't quite decided yet. Like awip, all my shirts are on their last legs or are too small (my ESL Greensleeve is more like a net than a shirt and so has been given a safe place in the bottom of the drawer - it is 23 years old after all), but I'll probably knock some sort of shirt up for myself as I've got a transfer designer. I think I'll probably do a Feedback shirt.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

I think a Feedback shirt would be great! :D
I love my Welshman.
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

schuette wrote:I'm hoping that Neil notices me and decides that I'm too gorgeous and he has to speak to me :wink: :P :D
So go topless. :twisted:
kwndcpc

INDIANAPOLIS

Post by kwndcpc »

Is anyone going to INDY?

I am realtively new to this board but have been into RUSH for many years. I looked at a few other RUSH sites but this one is the most lively.
There seems to be many people with a lot to say to each other here.

I attended NASHVILLE(Neil's solo is worth the price and the trip twice over) and found this site the next morning. The soundcheck was a great treat, even from the parking lot.

Any leads to Meet &Greet for INDY? I would love just a quick pic and autograph on a CD cover. My date would LOVE :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :P me for it.

If not, maybe just the THONG for later would do :wink: :wink: :wink:
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Devil's Advocate wrote:
schuette wrote:I'm hoping that Neil notices me and decides that I'm too gorgeous and he has to speak to me :wink: :P :D

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Watch it Devil Boy! :lol:
I love my Welshman.
Devil's Advocate

rushlight wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Well, I'd love to, but sadly I won't be at that concert. :twisted:
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Devil's Advocate wrote:
rushlight wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Well, I'd love to, but sadly I won't be at that concert. :twisted:

Yeah, after I bop you on the head with a rolling pin. :twisted:
I love my Welshman.
Devil's Advocate

pfft. Where there's no sense there's no feeling.

oh... ummm.... wait a sec..... :P
elaine

Post by elaine »

all i can say is-- wear fresh panties and bring an extra pair.