Rush Visions: The Official Biography

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

New World Man

Rush Visions: The Official Biography

Post by New World Man »

Does anyone have this book? What do you think about it? It is hard to find (out of print), and used ones are going at an expensive price. Let me know if it is worth getting. Thanks gang.
I'm in motion.
I am still.
I am crying.
I am still.
I'm together.
I'm apart.
I'm forever.
At the start.

Still... I am.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I was lucky enough to pick up a s/h copy about 10 years ago. Its an interesting read although, due to the fact that the authour is both a fan and friend of the band (at one point he talks about listening to a pre-release copy of HYF while driving with Ged to a baseball game), it does tend to lean a little on to the sycophantic side - he's such a Rush fan that he can't look at them in an objective fashion anymore.

As to whether its still available, I can't say. Try places like e-bay and Amazon and you might find a copy.

I think its about time that there was a really definitive bio available. I would have thought that their 30th anniversary would have been a perfect promotional opportunity, but there you go.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yeah, in my opine it is a good book (who the hell am I?). It is more accurate than "Mereley Players" which is peppered with mistakes. However the book (I don't want to sound TOO much of a snob but in my experience here we're pretty deep readers) is rather immaturely written. It's more about the "B" man than anything else.

However all the info is given freely (some copied off tour books) but all approved by the band before he screwed up in their eyes.

If you don't need the hard copy or the pics in it you can read/print it for free on the PowerWindows sight.

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/transc ... isions.htm

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...