NorthEast Get Together

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

PV, I've actually BEEN there! It's a really good place (for a mall bar) but there's lots to do. I spent about an hour there watching football with a friend while her son was in the arcade. There's gambling, music and lots of noise but you can also get a "family" table and have an "intimate" time as well.

A bit north of me but I'm sure I can swing it if I get a car (my Buick finally died :( ).

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Excellent, Kares! Thanks for the review! :D So far the response has been good so that just may be the place. I'm looking forward to it!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

*BUMP*

Looking for some RSVPs to the get together on the 17th? So far we have myself, Mermaid, TommySL43, kares, and Mr Potatoe Head (the person, not the toy).

Ferrari?
Traveller?
Anyone else?

How does 1:00 pm sound? I will most likely be bringing my kids along so be prepared to buy some Girl Scout cookies from them! :wink:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

HELLO!!!! And Happy New Year. I'm back from "da oder side" known as LA but couldn't log on from my Bro's compooter for some reason.

Can't wait but still waiting on a car car. Hope y'all had a lovely New Year.

Now, whoze comin?

Lovedyaandmissedya,

Kares

Tommy43sl

Post by Tommy43sl »

Palisades Mall Exit 12, NYS Thruway.
4th Floor center left of mall as you enter.
I will be there on the 17th or 24th,, I am also stopping by there today,, does anybody need some info,,, I know people who work there,, should I make any tentative arrangements,, I am at this mall one or twice every two weeks,,,
Sorry I missed you Kares, even if I saw you I wouldnt know...
I might bring my 2 boys Brendan 12 and Connor 5..
see ya soon
Statue of Liberty 100 yr Birthday Image and the World Trade Center Stood Tall (double click for larger view)
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Tommy, that would be great if you could pull some strings and get us a corner of the restaurant! I'm thinking 1:00 as a get together time? I think we are looking at about 10 or 12 people, including kids.
Tommy43sl

Post by Tommy43sl »

sure pv I will check for about 10 to 12 people,, in a section of the resturant
I am sure if more show we or I could talk to people I know in Management

However I dont think i will be able to get any discounts,, but I will check for them as well,,

I am sure I will be 3 and I think you said at least 3 for u, is Bob coming also,, I would like to meet him,,,

Does Anyone else have angood commitment or ideas if they will be coming and with anyone.
Statue of Liberty 100 yr Birthday Image and the World Trade Center Stood Tall (double click for larger view)
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Thanks, Tommy! 8) I'm not concerned with discounts but just a nice space we can claim for a few hours.

It will be at least 3 of us, the girls really want to come along. I don't know if Bob will be joining us or not as he's on call that day for the airline.
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy43sl

Post by Tommy43sl »

Okay,
Well the persons , I new that worked at D and B's, Have all moved on one just quit last week,
I spoke to the manager and she said I could reserve an area accomodating 10-15,, from 230 till 430,,, or earlier from 1130 till 130.

But she also said it would be a 200 dollar reservation fee,, deducted from the meals and whatever drinks from the regular Menu.

She wasnt even completely certain about the 17th she was too busy at the time.. We could still do this ,, there is plenty to do,, and plenty of space....

Should we attempt to reserve or just fen for ourselves when the time comes?????? :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

If we reserve we only get 2 hours but we shouldn't have to wait for a place to sit. If we just show up we can have it for as long as we went, correct, but may have to wait for a table or two? Let's wing it! That's my opinion! I've got flexible kids who are used to chaos. :lol:
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

FerrariF1 wrote:After all, we'll be in NEW JERSEY! It's like a whole other country! :wink:
Actually you'll be in New York, F1. :? But for just another 15 minutes drive time you can bring him to NJ! Maybe next gathering we'll do down the shore this summer. 8)

We don't have to be anywhere but Philadelphia Internation at 11:00 that night to pick my husband up so we've got all day to hang around as well.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

PV wrote:Maybe next gathering we'll do down the shore this summer. 8)
Oooh! ooh! ooh! :D 8)

PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Easy there, Kares! Let's get through this one first then I'll start on the shore weekend! :wink: