Alberta Flood

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Wendy

Alberta Flood

Post by Wendy »

Hello By-Torians,

On June 21, 2013 there was disastrous flooding in many parts of Alberta, Canada. The cleanup is still going on in the city of Calgary and the surrounding towns of High River, Okotoks, Black Diamond, Bragg Creek, Siksika/Gleichen and Canmore.

In shock I watched as the mighty Bow River spilled it's banks in Canmore and continued east to further destruction. In tears I watched as a large part of the downtown area of my favorite city and my very favorite venue to see RUSH in, The Calgary Saddledome went underwater. I made the decision along with 100,000 or more other people in Alberta to evacuate my home early Friday morning. I was fortunate and came back to a dry home with just temporary power loss on Saturday morning. Many other people were not so fortunate and have lost absolutely everything... some have died as a direct result of the high water. I am so very sorry for the people, heartbroken, and I know exactly what they are going through because my previous home sustained a direct hit from the winds and water of Hurricane Andrew in Florida in 1992.

We will recover, the spirit of the West is alive and well and it is truly an honor to be able to post here on By-Tor what I have just discovered.
The show that RUSH was scheduled to play here in the Saddledome this July 24 2013 has been rescheduled and relocated to Red Deer about an hour north of Calgary and the link below has details.

I LOVE THIS BAND!!

Please see the following link for the details

http://globalnews.ca/news/711861/rush-p ... od-relief/
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

wow.. sorry to hear this Wendy. :( I hope your city bounces back quickly. This place is a bit of a ghost town these days but some of us are still here.
Happy 2015!
Wendy

Rush tonight in Red Deer Alberta Canada

Post by Wendy »

Thanks Soup.

tonight

Red Deer Alberta Canada

LIVE

an evening with RUSH

ALL proceeds to Alberta Flood Relief

check RUSH website for special merchandise

Oh how I LOVE THIS BAND

wish i could be there...but they are in my heart so its all good

W
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

That is way cool of Rush to do that. Not too many bands would.
Happy 2015!
Wendy

575 Million

Post by Wendy »

Well it looks like Nickelback is following RUSH's lead doing a benefit for Alberta flood relief as well...the clean up continues in High River and all the help they can get is needed...some people have lost absolutely everything :(

The news on RUSH results:

http://www.theprovince.com/entertainmen ... story.html

Thank you RUSH and happy birthday Geddy!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Zoinks..................Glad you are ok, sorry about the bad stuff. Hope all is well otherwise.
This space for rent
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Yes yes thank you I am well and reading the following was a treat so i shares it with youz in case you've not already seen :-D

http://www.neilpeart.net/index.php/spac ... -its-over/