Sandy

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Sandy

Post by Soup4Rush »

Anybody heard from our East Coast peeps?
Happy 2015!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I have a friend (Non By-Torian) who lives in East PA. She says thing got a bit wild, but all is well for the most part.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

We survived - couldn't see any damage from the storm when I checked the house over under the full moon and with my flashlight but I'll double check when I get home.

We have no power but I just got word about 10 minutes ago a crew has been assigned to our outage and is headed there now.

EDIT - POWER HAS BEEN RESTORED AS OF 2 MINUTES AGO! WAHOO!!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Good to hear bro!!! :-)
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

We're okay here...we were in the southwest/southeast quadrants of
Sandy.

LOTS of wind and rain but nothing fell on the house.

We were LUCKY.

Xan......you ok down there homey?

I hope and pray Stevie and Kares are okay :???:
Don't start none...won't be none.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

MK is good, I texted him.

I'm pretty sure I have Steves and Kares numbers, I'll call them tomorrow.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Just talked to Steve, he and family are ok. His neighbors got kind of hammered though. He will get back with us soon.

I couldn't leave a phone message with Kares...........her voice mail box is full. I will try to E-Mail her.
This space for rent
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Iyiyiyi....hurricanes :(

To Bytorians and everyone that was affected by Hurricane Sandy i sincerely wish you the strength for the mopping up, rebuilding and recovery.
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Wendy wrote:Iyiyiyi....hurricanes :(

To Bytorians and everyone that was affected by Hurricane Sandy i sincerely wish you the strength for the mopping up, rebuilding and recovery.
+1
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Fanned and Fave'd, Wendy. God help those poor souls.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Just talked to Steve, he and family are ok. His neighbors got kind of hammered though. He will get back with us soon.

I couldn't leave a phone message with Kares...........her voice mail box is full. I will try to E-Mail her.
Hairy do you have a cell number? Texting works on a different carrier and you could probably get a message through that way.

Just a thought.
Walkinghairball

YYZ30 wrote:Hairy do you have a cell number? Texting works on a different carrier and you could probably get a message through that way.

Just a thought.
I have her cell # I think just tried a text.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

Text worked.

Just got power back...6 days no power, no heat, no hot water, no phone.......in a shelter trying to keep her dad comfy and cared for. The cold is taking it's toll on him.

Her words exactly.......~" We are luckier than most but holy f**k."~
This space for rent
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Sandy BLOWS (or did). Now just SUX (ha, yeah old joke but whatever...always good for a vision if not more)

Thank you Hairy for reaching out. I can't tell you the stories I've heard. Not compared to what I've seen (not as bad as on the news) but still.

I'm grateful to have power back and hope others do soon. I know in this "instantaneous" world that needs mega stimulation or their heads will explode out of quietness...let me tell you...six days of forced quiet takes a bit to wind down from and compensating by being between a badass or terrified wuss it doesn't matter. All that is GONE and surviving the key eventually and being resourceful. But didn't get into anarchy (yet...gas lines ugly) I was as prepared as could be with batteries, candles, water, wind-up radio and car charger and (all fresh food eventually gone) enough canned soup to start a kitchen but still...the cold got us in the end after 5 days of pioneering. Thus badass wuss goes to Shelter for Dad.

Sux either way. Tried both and nothing gets it done faster....just as I knew.

I have power now thank goody and won't bore with the details but others still don't. My heart goes out to them.

I know Sandy will be "old news" soon but not for many and since I live next door won't do that to them too soon just 'cause I got a light bulb burning now after six days of fear. I won't.

Mother Nature always gets us in storms and we think we're cool but sometimes not. NEVER take this shit lightly. Ever. Be careful. Be a badass if you want (or a wuss) but not too much. Just..take care if you can...Lotsa peeps are in the same sitch and can help eachother. :)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...