Palin Quits.

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Palin Quits.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Palin resigning as Alaska governor
53 minutes ago

WASILLA, Alaska ? Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said Friday she is resigning from office at the end of the month, raising speculation that she would focus on a run for the White House in the 2012 race.

The former Republican vice presidential candidate made the surprise announcement from her home in suburban Wasilla on Friday morning. She said she would step down July 26 but didn't announce her plans.

"Once I decided not to run for re-election, I also felt that to embrace the conventional Lame Duck status in this particular climate would just be another dose of politics as usual, something I campaigned against and will always oppose," Palin said in a statement released by her office.

"It is my duty to always protect our great state. With that in mind, my family and I determined that it is best to make a difference this summer, and I am willing to change things, so that this administration, with its positive agenda, its accomplishments, and its successful road to an incredible future, can continue without interruption and with great administrative and legislative success," she said.

Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell will be inaugurated at the governor's picnic in Fairbanks at the end of the month, Palin spokesman Dave Murrow said.

Palin was first elected in 2006 on a populist platform. But her popularity has waned as she waged in partisan politics following her return from the presidential campaign. Her term would have ended in 2010.

My thoughts on this...............*Now maybe they will all just let her be.*
This space for rent
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Here is another article with more info.
Sarah Palin to Step Down as Governor of Alaska
Posted: 07/3/2009

Another week, another on-camera breakdown by a Republican governor: In a rambling, borderline bughouse decoupage of sports metaphors and intimations that the forces of darkness were running her out of public life, Sarah Palin announced Friday that she had decided to step down as Alaska's governor, and would be leaving office on July 26.

At one point, she suggested she was quitting because people had made cruel remarks about her baby Trig, and at another, she seemed to be saying that she was being forced out for being too effective, and also because various ethics investigations into her administration were wasting public dollars. Listening to her talk in furious circles, it was hard to say whether a) some new scandal was about to break, b) she'd had enough of politics, thanks, or c) on the contrary, she was only getting started and was quitting to run for president. With a $7 million book advance and supporters who would love her regardless, she in any case didn't need the job, and my money is on d) she just plain felt like it.

"I'm not wired to operate under the same old politics as usual,'' she said in Wasilla Friday afternoon, at an hour when many Americans were heading out of town for the holiday weekend. "I promised four years ago and I meant it, that's not what is best for Alaska at this time. I'm determined to take the right path for Alaska, even though it is unconventional and it's not so comfortable, and with this announcement that I'm not seeking reelection, I've decided it's best to transfer the authority of governor to Lt. Gov. [Sean] Parnell, and I am willing to do this so that this administration with its positive agenda and its accomplishments and its successful road to an incredible future for Alaska, so that it can continue without interruption and with great administrative and legislative success. My choice is to take a stand and effect change and not just hit our head against the wall and watch valuable state time and money ? millions of your dollars ? go down the drain in this new political environment. Rather, we know we can effect positive change outside government at this moment in time, and actually make a difference for our priorities and so we will, for Alaskans and for Americans. Let me go back quickly to a comfortable analogy for me, and that's sports ? basketball ? and I use it because you are na?ve if you don't see a full-court press from the national level picking away right now a good point guard.''

Enraged by this point, and referring to herself in the third person, Palin continued: "Here's what she does. She drives through a full-court press, protecting the ball, keeping her head up because she needs to keep her eye on the basket and she knows exactly when to pass the ball so that the team can win, and that is what I'm doing, keeping our eye on the ball ? those represent sound priorities ? remember, they include energy independence and smaller government, national security and freedom, and I know when it's time to pass the ball for victory and I've given my reasons now, very candidly and truthfully, and my last day won't be for another few weeks so the transition will be very smooth.''

"All I can ask is that you trust me with this decision,'' she went on, "and know that it's no more politics as usual. And some Alaskans it seemed today maybe they don't mind wasting public dollars and state time but I do and I cannot stand here as your governor and allow the millions of dollars and all that time to go to waste just so that I can hold the title of governor, and I don't know that my children are going to allow it anyway. Some are going to question the timing of this and let me just say this decision has been in the works for a while and comes after much consideration ? prayer and consideration ? and finally I polled the most important people in my life, my kids, where the count was unanimous, where in response to the question 'Do you want me to make a positive difference and fight for all our children's future from outside the governor's office,' it was four yeses and one "hell, yeah,' and the hell yeah sealed it and someday I'll talk about the details of that. I think though, much of it for the kids had to do with recently seeing their baby brother Trig mocked and ridiculed by some pretty mean-spirited adults recently and by the way I sure wish folks could ever understand all that we can learn, all of us, from someone like Trig,'' who has Down syndrome. "I know he needs me, but I need him even more, and what a child can offer to set priorities right, know that time is precious. The world needs more Trigs, not fewer.''
She said her decision to leave office had been "fortified'' by a recent trip to visit wounded U.S. soldiers in Kosovo: "These troops and their important missions, now there is where truly the worthy causes are in this world and that's where our public resources should be spent, not on this superficial, wasteful political blood sport. So may we all learn from them ? really, we've just got to put first things first ? and as governor, I love my job and I love Alaska and it hurts to make this choice, but I'm doing what's best for Alaska and I have explained why, though I think of the saying on my parents' refrigerator, a little magnet that says, Don't explain. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe you anyway.''
She said she did not want any other Alaskans to be dissuaded from going into politics "after seeing the real climate change that began in August'' of last year, when she became John McCain's running mate. "Remember, Alaskans, America is now more than ever looking north to the future, and it'll be good, so God bless you and from me and from my family, to all Alaskans, you have my heart.''

Then, in closing, she quoted Gen. Douglas MacArthur: "We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction.'' So, was that a vow to return to Manila? And will she be back? Whether this performance ends her career in electoral politics or effectively begins her 2012 campaign, as a movement favorite, she'll never go away, so at least there's that.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I doubt they will back off any time soon. We will see, though. I guess much depends on how much of a threat people think she may be.
CygnusX1

Re: Palin Quits.

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:My thoughts on this...............*Now maybe they will all just let her be.*
Don't hold your breath on that prospect, Comrade Hairball.

You know, it's a shame that the lib-tard moonbats won't go after Hillary or
Pelosi that way, but that's good ol' American mainstream media bias for
ya.

It wouldn't be...you know....fair. :roll:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Re: Palin Quits.

Post by Big Blue Owl »

CygnusX1 wrote: lib-tard moonbats
Dag...

So, nothing new in the Politics threads, then. :-)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Walkinghairball

Other than good to see you.........no not really.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I liked her, but in my book, she is a quitter. The people of Alaska hired her to do a job and she quit. plain and simple. She knew the media was going to hound her when she ran for VP, thats the way public life goes.. She will never get my vote. How could you vote for somebody, especially for President, when there is a chance she would quit when the going got tough? She is a loser in my book.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:I liked her, but in my book, she is a quitter. The people of Alaska hired her to do a job and she quit. plain and simple. She knew the media was going to hound her when she ran for VP, thats the way public life goes.. She will never get my vote. How could you vote for somebody, especially for President, when there is a chance she would quit when the going got tough? She is a loser in my book.
Why sit in office as a lame duck for another year, going broke defending
yourself?

She's got a great big bulls eye on her back and everyone knows it.

I admire her for having bigger aspirations and keeping it QUIET.

Think you've heard the last of her?

She knows exactly what she's doing - unlike a corrupt community
organizer that now rules the free world.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

maybe she should have thought of that before she ran for public office. She is a publicty whore. She took an oath to serve the people of Alaska and she quit. If she is elected President (God forbid) is she going to quit in the last year of her term because she can't stand the heat?
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:maybe she should have thought of that before she ran for public office. She is a publicty whore. She took an oath to serve the people of Alaska and she quit. If she is elected President (God forbid) is she going to quit in the last year of her term because she can't stand the heat?
I don't care if she punted.

The MSM attacked her family on a regular basis.

You'd punt too.

At least she isn't a poser, like our community organizer from Chicago.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

really bro? You don't have a problem with an elected official who swore to uphold her office and to serve the people who entrusted her with their vote quit. Dude, that is a character flaw.. That is something I have taught my own kids... If you start something you finish it no matter how rough the going gets. That was the one thing I admired about Bush. He stuck to his values and he never quit, no matter how rough it got. Bush was attacked on a regular basis and he never quit. He worked through it because he beleived in what he was doing. That is called charachter. Palin has none of the above. If she runs for the Presidency, it will be a joke and if we as the American people vote her in, we are the idiots.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:really bro? You don't have a problem with an elected official who swore to uphold her office and to serve the people who entrusted her with their vote quit. Dude, that is a character flaw.. That is something I have taught my own kids... If you start something you finish it no matter how rough the going gets. That was the one thing I admired about Bush. He stuck to his values and he never quit, no matter how rough it got. Bush was attacked on a regular basis and he never quit. He worked through it because he beleived in what he was doing. That is called charachter. Palin has none of the above. If she runs for the Presidency, it will be a joke and if we as the American people vote her in, we are the idiots.
Well, she wasn't MY Governor, but I get your point - although there's a big
difference between being the Governor of Alaska and residing at 1600
Pennsylvania Avenue.

She'd do a HELLUVA better job than the one that's there now, but I
digress for the sake of argument.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

The voters of Alaska might disagree with you about the difference. :-)
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:The voters of Alaska might disagree with you about the difference. :-)
Yeah, I know. She's got haters up there as well.

Other than the blatant character assassination that the libtards are up to
their beaks in - and the rest of America is finally understanding and
condemning - she's doing okay for herself.

I don't care if she runs or not, but I think that how she has been beaten
down in the far-left media is a disgrace, but the M.O. of the far-left will
never "change." Such is the hypocritical life.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I'm just hoping she doesn't try running in 2012 on some sort of third-party ticket. The last thing we need that year is another Ross Perot type candidate.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?