Need everyone's thoughts and prayers tonight

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Again Cyg, sorry and ouch.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

isn't the shingles the eldery version of chicken pox? I had the chicken pox my last week of boot camp, along with 300 other people. I thought I was going to die..
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Soup4Rush wrote:isn't the shingles the eldery version of chicken pox? I had the chicken pox my last week of boot camp, along with 300 other people. I thought I was going to die..
Herpes zoster (or simply zoster), commonly known as shingles, is a viral disease characterized by a painful skin rash with blisters in a limited area on one side of the body, often in a stripe. The initial infection with varicella zoster virus (VZV) causes the acute (short-lived) illness chickenpox, and generally occurs in children and young people. Once an episode of chickenpox has resolved, the virus is not eliminated from the body but can go on to cause shingles?an illness with very different symptoms?often many years after the initial infection.

Varicella zoster virus can become latent in the nerve cell bodies and less frequently in non-neuronal satellite cells of dorsal root, cranial nerve or autonomic ganglion,[1] without causing any symptoms.[2] In an immunocompromised individual, perhaps years or decades after a chickenpox infection, the virus may break out of nerve cell bodies and travel down nerve axons to cause viral infection of the skin in the region of the nerve. The virus may spread from one or more ganglia along nerves of an affected segment and infect the corresponding dermatome (an area of skin supplied by one spinal nerve) causing a painful rash.[3][4] Although the rash usually heals within two to four weeks, some sufferers experience residual nerve pain for months or years, a condition called postherpetic neuralgia. Exactly how the virus remains latent in the body, and subsequently re-activates is not understood.[1]

Throughout the world the incidence rate of herpes zoster every year ranges from 1.2 to 3.4 cases per 1,000 healthy individuals, increasing to 3.9?11.8 per year per 1,000 individuals among those older than 65 years.[5][6][7] Antiviral drug treatment can reduce the severity and duration of herpes zoster, if a seven to ten day course of these drugs is started within 72 hours of the appearance of the characteristic rash.[5][8]
I had to go look to be sure too.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Thanks HB.

And yeah, it's basically adult chickenpox.

Pops said he can now stand wearing a shirt, so he's gettin' better.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball

Man, those itches are deep too.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

The past 7 days have been quite eventful in the Zed household- I will fill y'all in tonight.

(I will give you this piece of info for now...dad is home and resting)
Walkinghairball

That is great....................*Waits for the other eventstuffs*
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

"Home and resting" what great words! :-D
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Dad is finding ways to circumvent the doctor's orders- so you know he is feeling better. He has a final followup today.

We went to pick him up last Monday and not even 200 feet from the hospital entrance my sister (driving) and I (passenger) were cut off in dad's SUV and we t-boned a truck- sis was transported and then cleared after being Xrayed and checked out (checking one out, sending one in...) at the same hospital.
Walkinghairball

YYZ30 wrote:Dad is finding ways to circumvent the doctor's orders- so you know he is feeling better. He has a final followup today.

We went to pick him up last Monday and not even 200 feet from the hospital entrance my sister (driving) and I (passenger) were cut off in dad's SUV and we t-boned a truck- sis was transported and then cleared after being Xrayed and checked out (checking one out, sending one in...) at the same hospital.

GAD-ZOOKS bro. :shock:
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Walkinghairball wrote:
YYZ30 wrote: We went to pick him up last Monday and not even 200 feet from the hospital entrance my sister (driving) and I (passenger) were cut off in dad's SUV and we t-boned a truck- sis was transported and then cleared after being Xrayed and checked out (checking one out, sending one in...) at the same hospital.

GAD-ZOOKS bro. :shock:
What he said!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Thankfully the only thing we all are right now is tired- these 14 days have been hell on us.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Hang in there Zed.

You gotta be seein' light at the end of the tunnel by now.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Cygette could use your thoughts and prayers as well.

She lost her Grandmother last night to a long illness.

God blessed her Granny with nearly 90 years on this Earth, most of it a
hard life in the Appalaichian coal country of McDowell County, West Virginia.

She raised 6 kids on a coal miner's pay there, and they all wound up
doing okay. She loved me like one of her own when I married her
Granddaughter. I'll never forget her.

Cygette was blessed to have a Grandmother with her for 48 years.

Talk to you all when I get back from WV next week.

Be safe, and tell your family you love them today.

You may not get the chance if you wait.
Walkinghairball

Take care Cyg. Hugs to Bek.
This space for rent