Pandora's box

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Me

Pandora's box

Post by Me »

You all can take it whatever way you want, I really don't give a shit.

http://www.accc.gv.at/pdf/pentagon_climate_change.pdf
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Hey Kev,

Good to see ya around again. Hope all is well with you. :-)
Happy 2015!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Soup4Rush wrote:Hey Kev,

Good to see ya around again. Hope all is well with you. :-)
Indeed, hows it going Kev
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

KEVIN!!! You're back??? :-D :-D :-D
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

And brightened the day!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

BTW the link brought up a blank page.
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Brings up a pdf file of:
An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United
States National Security
October 2003
By Peter Schwartz and Doug Randall

for me.
Me

Post by Me »

Thank you for not underestimating the stimulation of my eccentricity. We can't snap our fingers or wiggle our nose's and fix climate change over night. Obama seems to be making the correct intellectual moves towards green. We can now predict existing systems in nature and after analyzing subjective matter of historical events along with real time occurrences. The recent findings of the thermohaline plane indicates it's already past the tipping point however it's just changing course causing differnt weather patterns. While some of the world powers that be outsource violent peace protesters for their own personal gain is something I refer to as the Ox whipping morons wanting satisfaction now rather than later. Many things are tied into the big picture like the continuing of a huge database of our DNA tracks towards a quasi control activating on behalf of commercial and political princes. Then there'll be creating an unwanted bounty on the sorcerer-priests by religious fanatics afraid the bible will become obsolete. Along comes Jihad lubricating sheep herders with their sticky religious fingers an inanimate thought universe on a merry-go-round Turkey shoot. Then comes all the implications of our actions being related to the inevitable manifestations of our genes at any rate we don't have to steal from the Dalai Lama he'll give it to us. This isn't a cesspool of misinformation from a blow-hard whore it's the truth... how I perceive it! On the wall of shame, shame, shame....
how greed dictates our economic masks
Circus Mirror Minds.... in a maze without an end trudging through the bittersweet memories and hope shattered like a thousand mirrors upon harsh words and violent blows secretes no one knows eyes are all closed hands fisted their warped and twisted bullets flying mortars falling innocent crying for wars to end so shall men...Circus Mirror Minds

Gregarious abstraction of moral hazard or return for a premium>>.swap promises alone in a chaotic world our torturous negotiations interconnected to fail with collateralized debt obligations on a bloody merry-go-round sweeping powers under the rug exhausted conservatorship Freddie and Fannie running naked in the streets>>>Run For The Roses>>>this years favorite"Breaking The Bank"

Now the dollar is losing favor in China, Russia and Brazil among others crying for change. I say lets have the Three Stooges proudly displayed on the new notes, surely it represents the decisions being made past and present.In ending I hope to be the main course at a Wari dinner having the most complex and sophisticated minds as my guests after all a mind, shouldn't go to waste...bon-appetite
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
schuette

Post by schuette »

man you always did talk shit :razz:
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

He had me at hello. :-D
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Hate to be the fly-in-the-ointment, but there's one important thing we
need to remember:

All these sohpisticated minds....haven't proved shit.

When they do, let me know. I'll hold the door open and follow you in.

just my $.02....
Don't start none...won't be none.
Me

Post by Me »

Just my third eye touched by a fallen star. I'm just a calcified Fed and tight lipped as a piss clam during a storm, just spring in disguise. I may not be high on the evolutionary ladder of controlling my thoughts, my experiences feeding my imagination. When I look over the sea of humanity constantly evaluating computing past and present with hyper-rational scrutiny and reason the future doesn't look to appetizing. Highly emotinal realizing intuitive decisions a servant of humanity strangly finding joy in self-sacrifice.. however damaging to self. Not to be a propagandist my idea's and theories are wide and varied and it well could be salubrious, carbon is the plants ice cream. I will say when I read "Tom Sawyer" I had to go play it, at any rate we should look up steam while traveling down.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Wouldn't it be interesting to know what percentage of employment is for the government (local and federal)...and compare that to the past. Common sense will tell you the bigger the government is, more people are doing that than working other jobs, so what do you think happens to the economy. Is it just me or wouldn't we be better off in so many ways with less government.

I was talking with somebody overseas and they were telling me how in Iraq you'll be on base and its so huge and all it feels like you never left America. Just goes to show just how large and sophisticated the whole operation is...all that money.
We're all mad here!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Xanadu wrote:I was talking with somebody overseas and they were telling me how in Iraq you'll be on base and its so huge and all it feels like you never left America.
That's because you never leave the zone. You bet it's Americanized.

So was GITMO when I was there. You never go out of the zone.

NEVERRRR-RUH.

BUT - You make it look as much like home as you can.

Been there and done that.

Go Navy :salute:

Speaking of opening Pandora's Box - and, on a lighter note....

I hope the Bainbridge swabs obliterate some Somali pirate ass with
EXTREME prejudice. OOOORAH.
:twisted:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Me

Post by Me »

In 2007 52.6% recieved significant income from gov programs, in 1980 it was 55%. 1 in 5 americans hold a gov. job reliant on federal spending. Gold hasn't backed the dollar in quite sometime now it's the assets of the american people. China among other countries are calling for a new international currency. It seems to me what we destroyed in Iraq we have to rebuild with our assets and those can't be counted leaving a deficit of our assets. Being the worlds big brother has damaging effects, soon we won't own anything digging a hole we won't be able to get out of, honestly. Perhaps it sounds like a postepileptic hallucination except it's real. Some of the Bush's admistration had a capriciousness nature about them, feeding us a whirlpool of mis- infomation without the facts, sometimes just to try and redirect our attention while they played in the sand box with our assets. I don't see us having de-je-vu with Obama leaving my hopes high and president in the most turbulent of times.
That's a huge question Xan with a large population to employ and feed we'll always need help being power in numbers there's no simple answer. I think yes we'd be better off but it's not going to happen too many swarms with little resorces to go around and every body wants more. something's are going to give eventually and were going to be in the middle of an extended rock fight unless we take all the worlds ideological views and adapt them for everyone to be happy with. So it goes, not exactly a total answer to your question.
Once again I played jump rope