Getting a wee dog next wednesday most likely

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

Getting a wee dog next wednesday most likely

Post by Sir Myghin »

Found a puppy which I cannot say no to (unless something goes terribly wrong or the lass will kill me)

I am unfortunately welcoming scottish things into my house, A scottish terrier. Thankfully like me although scottish in heritage it was born in a nation that isn't full of crazy people, so it should be sensible. However we may be natural born enemies from way back, like the irish and scots, english and scots, some welsh and scots, and the scots and the scots, those scots ruined Scotland.

Generic Picture
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

That's a badass little dog Myg!

Reminds me of the one President Bush had.

You know, the one that took a chunk out of the media reporter's hand?

Good dog! - here's a bizkit! ***woof***

Seriously though Myg, they're cool dogs.

Good for you.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

We call that size of dog, and smaller...................RATweillers! :lol:
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

right now this is one bitch that isnt biting...
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:We call that size of dog, and smaller...................RATweillers! :lol:
I live in an apartment and believe it would be cruel to keep anything over a 30 lb dog, even with walking it at least 1 long one a day, hopefully 2 between the mrs and I.

And Schue, what have we told you about biting people, and why are you actually listening for once :P
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh a Scottie! :-D Too cool! I love puppies and demand pictures! ;-)
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

well looks like this is bust the breeders were in quebec, working through their friend in toronto, who did not get actively involved, yet was picking up the puppies to bring them to toronto to sell. The breeders overbooked, about 5 people for 3 puppies, so I get the shaft unless someone decided they don't want one when they go over there tuesday night. The male is also left behind as it is healing from a wound (tail bit by the father or something sitches +anti biotics)... I am very angry right now, Megan is quite upset.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

:x

That really stinks, Ky! Not exactly what I'd call good business practices on the part of the breeders.

*hugs for you and the Lady M*
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awip2062 wrote::x

That really stinks, Ky! Not exactly what I'd call good business practices on the part of the breeders.

*hugs for you and the Lady M*
found another one at a nearby store, requested pics and if it is pure (hair looks too wispy but may only be due toi closeness of the shot)cheaper too as not from a breeder, being as most breeder litters are show quality. If it looks pure from more pictures and they vouch it is I will likely pick it up, just don't like buying something when its not what I am told otherwise. (has a white patch on belly wheras can happen, is rare so spieculative)
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Caveat emptor, Myg!
Don't start none...won't be none.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

When you go look at the puppy, check the knee caps...if they move from side to side it has luxating patellas...very common in petstore puppies. Personally, I'd never buy from one...but if you do, be cautious. Don't get one with real crooked front legs either.
We're all mad here!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Xanadu wrote:When you go look at the puppy, check the knee caps...if they move from side to side it has luxating patellas...very common in petstore puppies. Personally, I'd never buy from one...but if you do, be cautious. Don't get one with real crooked front legs either.
Sall good, I am going nowhere near the store anyway, the things are cairn / scottie and that explains the extra dose of ugly :P, thanks for the info through Xan.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Wow Xan, great advice.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Xan's got the know about dogs! :-)

Oh, Xanny.....new pic of Delta coming your way soon.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Cool, looking forward to it. :-)
We're all mad here!