Getting a wee dog next wednesday most likely

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

We were given a puppy for xmas, pure bread yellow lab. I have never actually raised a pup before, was always afraid from hearing so many horror stories. But it is way easier than i ever dreamed! He was potty trained in about a week, less than that for the crate/cage bed training. He is only 3 & 1/2 months old now but already basically fetches etc.

You chose a very awesome breed, i have always wanted one of those as well.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
schuette

Post by schuette »

he is absolutely adorable myg :-)

and well done on the training lisa :-)
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Very cute little guy, Sir. :-)
Stop with the "it" stuff! You'll give him a complex. :lol:
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Very cute little guy, Sir. :-)

Yeah, what is IT'S name already!!!!!! :razz: :-D
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:Very cute little guy, Sir. :-)

Yeah, what is IT'S name already!!!!!! :razz: :-D
we named it Loki, training is rocky at the moment, doesn't like to poo around us and at night when we are asleep, doesn't seem to like to use its training pads... It gets its shots tomorow, then I start taking it outside, started trying to take it out on the balcony yesterday with little success, still getting used to a leash and harness more than anything.
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Yep we learned that persistance & repeating things is the key. Your lil one will get it! :)
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

LisaBug2112 wrote:Yep we learned that persistance & repeating things is the key. Your lil one will get it! :)
aye, it is just a stressful time until he does (I want the work load to taper off in that department, :-D )
schuette

Post by schuette »

he'll learn soon enough
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

schuette wrote:he'll learn soon enough
I blame his bitiness on being welsh.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Very cute pix...is he a long coat by chance? Looks very fuzzy but then I've never seen a corgi pup, only an adult...maybe they're always that way as pups. :-D
We're all mad here!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

LisaBug2112 wrote:We were given a puppy for xmas, pure bread yellow lab. I have never actually raised a pup before, was always afraid from hearing so many horror stories. But it is way easier than i ever dreamed! He was potty trained in about a week, less than that for the crate/cage bed training. He is only 3 & 1/2 months old now but already basically fetches etc.
You got lucky! :-D Sounds like a nice pup...ahem....pix?
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Xanadu wrote:
Sounds like a nice pup...ahem....pix?
DITTO!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Xanadu wrote:Very cute pix...is he a long coat by chance? Looks very fuzzy but then I've never seen a corgi pup, only an adult...maybe they're always that way as pups. :-D
Pretty sure both breeds are medium /short coat. I know the one with a tail (cardigan) has a wire coat. He has a soft coat. For now he is fuzzy and soft though, and if he'd stop getting poo on him he wouldn't need so many baths...
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

LOL you all should know by now i have not figured out how to post pics still! Trust me i would if i could, i have tried before, didnt work out.
schuette

Post by schuette »

can you not email them to someone...Id be happy to post them for you