Prop 8 Repurcussions

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I have, however, sat and listened to lesbians tell me how they were once straight but "discovered" later that they were gay. They had no idea in their younger days, never had had an attraction to women until they became acquainted to other lesbians. This seems to me, to indicate that they were not gay from birth.
I believe this to be true of my sisters friend. After all, she does have a 13 year old son.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

And, just to reiterate, I don't hate gays or think they should be denied jobs or housing or insurance because of the choices they are making.

My issue in this thread was that here a large, vocal group of them are calling for acceptance and not accepting, are asking for rights but denying them to others, are wanting to be treated as fellow brothers and sisters in the race of mankind and beating, spitting upon, and encouraging the destruction of their brothers' and sisters' and their property.

When I was a teen my godmother took me to a few gay plays in West Hollywood. The plays all portrayed gay people and how they had been oppressed, beaten, put down, called names, et cetera. The people putting on the play would ask us to do what we could to change our world so that this never happened to anyone again. I wonder what these people think as they watch what is happening to those who supported Prop. 8?
Onward and Upward!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I just can't wait for the day when everyone is judged for their words and actions. Then we'll know real justice and fairness.

sayin'
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Sir Myghin wrote:Addictions always begin with a simple choice. They are not addictions from the get go.
^^^
drunk :razz:

Aye, I have gambled a dollar or two but didn't keep doing it. They do something that feels good and do it over and over trying to ged the same feeling, that is addiction. Been there myself.
We're all mad here!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I have, however, sat and listened to lesbians tell me how they were once straight but "discovered" later that they were gay. They had no idea in their younger days, never had had an attraction to women until they became acquainted to other lesbians. This seems to me, to indicate that they were not gay from birth.
Ew, no way I could ever consider...ack.

What about the ones that grew up gay and didn't choose?
We're all mad here!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

^^^

My two cents . . . grew up gay? Look around at the natural world. There is no solid evidence pushing one toward the gay lifestyle. It is a choice. Maybe a person is born into and raised in the gay life, but nonetheless, they have eyes and can see how nature works.

There is nothing consistent in the natural world that supports any consideration of gay being a natural function.

Sure, there are some fringe "scientists" who have gone on record saying that they have witnessed gay behavior among penguins. Yet, their stand is based on personal bias. And besides, who wants to be a penguin! LOL

Please don't read more into this than I am saying. I DO NOT hate gays. I just think that even nature itself clearly dictates that heterosexuality is the means of continuity.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I am not even going to go there, does it occur in nature, don't know anything about it.

I can't see how there are people who are born and raised in conservative Christian homes that "choose" to be gay. People say "its a choice, but also that they find something about the same sex that attracts them" My question is, what IS it that attracts them then? Gee, I think I'll ask gays, and what they tell me is simply they are attracted sexually to the same sex and not the opposite sex. In other words, they ARE just gay. Starts like it does for strait people, as kids when they get to a certain age they have a crush on somebody but whoops its on a person of the same sex. uh oh. How can they choose that, seriously come on. I'm sure there is some kind of biological explanation for it, something that happens during their development, or just a pair of genes that get expressed a certain way I dunno, I'm not a scientist. But I do know that improper nutrition seriously affects development, and how your body functions. So perhaps gays have some kind of problem with how they developed in the womb because of their mother's health and diet...who knows, maybe its a fluke, who know...but at least they should be treated equally because its not their fault.
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yes, let's allow them to rent from us, have jobs in our businesses, go about life without worrying about being beaten, but please, let's not call it marriage thus changing the definition of an institution that is older than any other.

And, let's not say it doesn't harm the kids in those relationships. At least qualify it to say it doesn't harm all the kids, because I know my case is not the only one where it hurt the child.

And...let's recall that this thread was about how the gays are acting just as they claim they don't want others to act. Let's call them to task to quit being hypocrites.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

There is a protest here today at City Hall on the Prop 8 stuff.
Last edited by Walkinghairball on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

At the city hall in Spokane?

When we had no voice in the matter? :?
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:At the city hall in Spokane?

When we had no voice in the matter? :?

Well, yeah.............what? You dinnae ged the memo??? :roll: :-)
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Xanadu wrote:I am not even going to go there, does it occur in nature, don't know anything about it.

I can't see how there are people who are born and raised in conservative Christian homes that "choose" to be gay. People say "its a choice, but also that they find something about the same sex that attracts them" My question is, what IS it that attracts them then? Gee, I think I'll ask gays, and what they tell me is simply they are attracted sexually to the same sex and not the opposite sex. In other words, they ARE just gay. Starts like it does for strait people, as kids when they get to a certain age they have a crush on somebody but whoops its on a person of the same sex. uh oh. How can they choose that, seriously come on. I'm sure there is some kind of biological explanation for it, something that happens during their development, or just a pair of genes that get expressed a certain way I dunno, I'm not a scientist. But I do know that improper nutrition seriously affects development, and how your body functions. So perhaps gays have some kind of problem with how they developed in the womb because of their mother's health and diet...who knows, maybe its a fluke, who know...but at least they should be treated equally because its not their fault.
It may be an a choice that is heavily manipulated by how they are raised, a choice they may not even know they are making but have indeed made. There is 0 scientific evidence to prove that gays are born that way, it is just an excuse to fuel their outrageous claims. Any studies done on the matter ahve been torn apart due to the absolutely ridiculous assumptions made to complete them, but it is easy to get to publish a paper that looks promising on a hot topic. It is the peer reviews to follow that matter most. Like the one from the 80's claiming that gay men had a smaller hypothalamus, potentially causing it. It was a process of lets take these corpses with this sympton and assume this! hey lets publish it.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Some guys are hot, most are not, no girls are, no choice had to be made there, I'm strait. :-D :razz:
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Some guys are hot, and, though I am straight, I see pretty girls, too. Doesn't mean I want them, just see that, yeah, they've got it.
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I see pretty girls too but they don't have any effect. :razz:
We're all mad here!