Led Zeppelin on tour!!!!!

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Led Zeppelin on tour!!!!!

Post by Walkinghairball »

Check this out.

Robert Plant agrees to join Led Zeppelin for tour
Sep 26 2008

ROCK legends Led Zeppelin are finally set to embark on a reunion tour after West Bromwich-born lead singer Robert Plant caved in and agreed to join the rest of the band, it was reported today.

Guitarist Jimmy Page, aged 64, bassist John Paul Jones, 62, and drummer Jason Bonham, 42, son of the late Led Zep drummer John Bonham, from Redditch, were resigned to going on the road without Plant.

They even rehearsed with stand-in singers in preparation for a tour next year following the massive success of a one-off concert at London?s 02 Arena last December.

It is understood that the rehearsals for a replacement lead vocalist finally persuaded Plant, aged 60, who grew up and began his musical career around Kidderminster in Worcestershire, to return to the Led Zeppelin line-up.

Plant, who has been spending a lot of time working with country singer Alison Kraus, helped celebrate last October?s re-opening of Birmingham Town Hall.

A source close to Led Zeppelin said: ?The rest of the band had all but given up on Robert joining them, but they were determined to go ahead and had started to seriously explore other avenues.

?When Robert realised the band were serious about doing it without him, he realised he couldn?t face the thought of not being involved.?

And all they need to do is come close to me and I'll be happy.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

We can dream!
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Might be cool to see, but to me, they would not be worth what it would cost (way too damned much)
YYZ30

Re: Led Zeppelin on tour!!!!!

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Check this out.

Robert Plant agrees to join Led Zeppelin for tour
Sep 26 2008

ROCK legends Led Zeppelin are finally set to embark on a reunion tour after West Bromwich-born lead singer Robert Plant caved in and agreed to join the rest of the band, it was reported today.

Guitarist Jimmy Page, aged 64, bassist John Paul Jones, 62, and drummer Jason Bonham, 42, son of the late Led Zep drummer John Bonham, from Redditch, were resigned to going on the road without Plant.

They even rehearsed with stand-in singers in preparation for a tour next year following the massive success of a one-off concert at London?s 02 Arena last December.

It is understood that the rehearsals for a replacement lead vocalist finally persuaded Plant, aged 60, who grew up and began his musical career around Kidderminster in Worcestershire, to return to the Led Zeppelin line-up.

Plant, who has been spending a lot of time working with country singer Alison Kraus, helped celebrate last October?s re-opening of Birmingham Town Hall.

A source close to Led Zeppelin said: ?The rest of the band had all but given up on Robert joining them, but they were determined to go ahead and had started to seriously explore other avenues.

?When Robert realised the band were serious about doing it without him, he realised he couldn?t face the thought of not being involved.?

And all they need to do is come close to me and I'll be happy.
I am beyond gobsmacked. I figured Robert was having too much of a good time nailing, er, performing with Alison Kraus.

I'll be heating my crow up if anyone wants any.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

*submits to the original Zepfather*

OOOOOOOOOOOO baby baby!!!!!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Uh-oh, guess it was all just a dream after all. From Robert's site:
Robert Plant ? Official Statement
29th September 2008

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are currently touring the USA on the last leg of their 'Raising Sand' tour. They played a benefit concert in Oklahoma City for victims of Hurricane Ike last Friday; Austin,Texas last Saturday and tomorrow they play Portland, Oregon before finishing the tour in Saratoga, California on October 5th.

After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years. Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets.

?It?s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to
rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,? Robert Plant said.

?I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,? he added.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :(
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

awip2062 wrote:Uh-oh, guess it was all just a dream after all.

Guess Steven Tyler was right . . . "Dream on."
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

It was mentioned, like Zed pointed out, that Plant wouldn't be able to
commit to a LZ tour AT LEAST until the tour w/ Alison Krause was done.

And even then, he made no promises.

If it really goes down in a couple of years, I'll WALK to see 'em, just like I
did as a teenager in '77 for their THREE NIGHT STAND! :headbang:

Tell me a band that can do that kind of gig NOW! They were HUGE man.

Only Zeppelin, the Stones and Pink Floyd could pull that off.

And they DID.

Hey, make me take out a home equity loan for tickets...I don't give a shit.

If there's ONE show you go to in your whole lifetime....make it ZEPPELIN.

Or RUSH....or FLOYD. :-D

Forget the Stones though....they're done. :roll:
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I seen Rush! ;-)
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:I seen Rush! ;-)
TWO TO GO! \m/ ((((((t)))))))
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball

Rush and Floyd here. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

One to go for you, Bro!
Onward and Upward!