"High" School

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Walkinghairball wrote:
ElfDude wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote: I'm awake, so look the F out.
:shock: *runs for the hills*

Uh.....it goes......"run TO the hills, run FOR your life." :razz:
I don't care what you do! I'm heading for the hills! :-D
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

if drugs were legal, there would still be a great many who would be out of money because they would spend the money on the drugs and then they would want more drugs and more drugs and more drugs.

??? They already want the drugs...making them illegal makes them more expensive...prohibition has never solved that or anything else, it just adds more problems like I said above.
I don't see legalizing them as a fix to money woes for those who are addicted any more than I see our having legalized alcohol as a fix for the money woes of oh so many alcoholics.

Prohibition didn't, doesn't and never will work at all and just causes more problems. People have been using drugs and alcohol for thousands of years...seams to me like it will always be that way.
I know people who smoke tobacco (a legal drug which is very expensive) who can't feed their family or pay their light bills, too.
Legal smack would only costs addicts 1 or 2 dollars per day. I'm sure they could feed their families too...imagine how much tobacco would cost if it was illegal and persecuted as much as MJ.
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I found an article that is kind of long, but addresses what we are talking about here.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Co ... Drugs.aspx
This space for rent
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

ElfDude wrote:
I'm probably the only person on this board who hasn't been stoned or drunk.
I haven't either.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

T4EFAN wrote:
ElfDude wrote:
I'm probably the only person on this board who hasn't been stoned or drunk.
I haven't either.
I haven't been stoned, as for the other one... :roll:
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Sorry. I finally read it. Well-said.
Last edited by Big Blue Owl on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Thanks Hairy :-D
We're all mad here!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Walkinghairball wrote:I found an article that is kind of long, but addresses what we are talking about here.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Co ... Drugs.aspx
Yeah, that was well done. Didn't really come to any conclusions, but presented both sides pretty well...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That it did. Much of what, I think, both sides here are thinking/saying and a bit more.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

I still need to open up the bone locker I have, some other time, of course.
This space for rent
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Kleiman adds, "Imagine what Philip Morris and MillerCoors could do if we gave them cannabis to work with.

!

:shock:
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Wendy wrote:Kleiman adds, "Imagine what Philip Morris and MillerCoors could do if we gave them cannabis to work with.

With Cheech and Chong as spokesmen!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Wendy wrote:Kleiman adds, "Imagine what Philip Morris and MillerCoors could do if we gave them cannabis to work with.

!

:shock:
That would be the plan with legalization.

Prices would go down and quality would steadily increase.

With no need for trafficking (because of gov't regulation and taxation), it's
win/win for all.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball

Ok, here goes............

In high school I drank whenever I got invited to a kegger, and being in the band, it was not all that often a "Band fag" as they called us got invited to a Sosch/jock party. I smoked whenever it was offered and I graduated in the top half of my class.

In the Army, of all places I was introduced to Acid, Crystal Meth, Cocaine, and Hash. Acid I have not touched in over 15 years now, and I liked it.........Meth, NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Cocaine..........mmmmmmmmmmmm me likie, a lot!!!! Here is that fun.

I had my paycheck and income tax return, 2 other buds head their pay checks, and for 3 days we Snorted all that money away. STOOPID!!!!!

My nose bled for a month after that.

I have dabbled more than a few times with that since, but not like I did at first.

I have been smoking since I got out, almost every day, but I always keep the wee one out of it. We don't smoke in the house, we don't smoke and drive, and my bills and real life responcibilities come first. I like to relax when I get home from a hard day at work. And I never use at work or prior to work.

I try not to drink and drive, pobody's nerfect. :-D
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Awesome story, Leon. Thank you for sharing with the class.

I can't do this reality thing anymore. I'm going out to the vehicle to get buzzed. It was cool at first, but for me, the world has become ugly in the bright light of sobriety (which is for quitters :-) )
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))