Wearing the 2112 t-shirt

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Wearing the 2112 t-shirt

Post by 1001001 »

I have three Rush shirts in my collection: a white Vapor Trails tour shirt, a black Counteparts shirt (with the tortoise and the hare on the front), and a black 2112 shirt.

I wear the VT shirt all the time. The Counterparts shirt, I can't wear anymore. It's too small now, and there are small holes on the top of the shoulders. The 2112 shirt is practically still, because I've only worn it three times!

Every damn time I wear it, I have a friend that razzes me about it being satanic. Even though I tell him that the star on the shirt is RIGHT SIDE UP, he just gives me a hard time. I know he's joking around, but enough is enough. So now, I'm always "scared" to wear it, even though I shouldn't really care what other people think.

Just wondering if I'm the only one or have any of you had this problem as well? How did you get through the pain and suffering?

Oh, and if you want to buy a XL Counterparts shirt (mentioned above) - PM me. I can e-mail pictures of the shirt. The holes are right at the seams and are very small.
Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
Destino

Post by Destino »

I don't wear that sort of stuff - I think it's a bit tacky.

But don't worry about what your friends think. They'd get used to you wearing it after a while. My friends thought I looked funny when I parted my hair and started growing it out. Now they'd probably think I'd look funny with short hair, lol!
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Tacky? You must be referring to wearing a Winger t-shirt :lol:
I have 5 vintage, yet perfect Rush Ts that I wear often. Of course, at work during the week I can't wear them, but on Saturday we can wear what we want. So today it's my much coveted Fly By Night shirt. I ged just the opposite reaction to mine. People actually yell out "RUSH, YEAH!" or where the %&*$# did you ged a Fly By Night? Even my old granny loves my 2112. She wants one for herself. So I guess it's a case of how much you value your individuality. Of course, once they have holes and stuff I don't wear them, but make other useful items. For example, my old Roll The Bones T has seen some wear, but it is now an awesome cover for my office chair at home. I've had 30 years of folks questioning my Rush interests in one way or another. Fug 'em. Some people don't know what it's like to have a healthy obssession or deep appreciation for something historic or collectable. Let 'em eat cake.

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

As far as the star goes, anyone who knows about those things will know that the Rush pentagram is NOT the satanic one. The problem is that many people have never studied the dark arts and don't know. Too many people just assume that all pentagrams are evil. :roll:
And too many "Christians" think and teach that too. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Ged the facts!
Onward and Upward!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

awip2062 wrote:Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Ged the facts!
Just tell them to relax and get busy with the facts or you'll kick their gluteous max. :wink:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I usually try to teach them the truth of the matter. Those that will listen to me anyway.
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

PV wrote:
Just tell them to relax and get busy with the facts or you'll kick their gluteous max. :wink:
Now, wearing polyester slacks...THAT'S TACKY!!! :wink:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
watto

Post by watto »

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Must get down to Gap
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Now, if it is for work, Watto, and you are required to because it is part of your uniform, we will let that slide, But, other than that, it needs to change, man! Ged to the Gap as soon as possible!
Onward and Upward!

Post by 1001001 »

PV wrote:
Hopefully, tonight will have a thousand saxophones.
Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Saxophones? :shock:

No thanks! Not now! I have had enough jazz for a time! But if Bill Waltrous is playing one, I might be willing to sit through it just to be amazed at what he can do.
Onward and Upward!

Post by 1001001 »

awip2062 wrote:Saxophones? :shock:

No thanks! Not now! I have had enough jazz for a time! But if Bill Waltrous is playing one, I might be willing to sit through it just to be amazed at what he can do.
I'd like to see Lisa Simpson and Bleeding Gums Murphy
Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i can play you fogies some saxophones
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I don't wear my band shirts out in public, I break them out for special occasions, like when I go to see Rush! When I went to Cornwall to see them on the big screen in October there was a guy there with a shirt that looked like a patchwork assembly of all the album covers or artwork. The best Rush shirt I've seen so far :shock: As far as wearing them in public goes, I don't do that typically, I just feel so out of place wearing any band shirt, it just isn't my style. So until I get a job in a Music Store they stay in the closet for times when I'm playing in a band or when I'm going to see one.
schuette

Post by schuette »

I love wearing band t-shirts, wearing a Motorhead one the now...I do wear other tops though usually hippy stuff. As for holes in ma t-shirts, it's hard to get green out here so I have to smoke solid so all my t-shirts have holes in them :wink: