Greetings from Atlantic City

Here's your seat for the new tour. There may be, wait, there WILL be spoilers so if you don't want to know, don't go! So pull up a lawn chair and discuss...

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Middle Kingdom wrote:I'll check in with ya PV.
Sorting and folding your delicates sounds like fun.
LOL.
Sorry we missed you last weekend, MK! It would have been fun to fluff and fold... hahaha!!! :wink:

Sounds like a great show regardless of the crowd. It must be a New Jersey deal with the lights because in Philly they were down and all over the place.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Kares4Rush wrote:Ya, I remember my grandmother singing that. She was a WW1 Yeomonette (Navy). My Dad sang it in WW2 (Army) etc.

Uhhhh...I MAY still be going to PNC!!! :shock: Slim chance and a TOTAL PITA to do (not to mention $1,000 in gas) but maybe I can swing it.

Fingers crossed!!!

If I go, t, since the "gang" isn't going this time I'll have to still have someone tak a pic of the shirt I'll be wearing just for you. :-D
I hope you do get to go, PITA and money aside, I know you would love it. :-)

Besides, you know I love pics! ;-)
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Ah I DID go to PNC!!! :-D It was a wonderful WONDERFUL concert and a perfect evening (if not too hot during the day it cooled off nicely in the evening).

The boys were really "on" it and Geddy was like a flying sprite everywhere and his voice nailed each note. I couldn't stop grinning!!!

Al looked tired and a bit subdued and didn't careen around the stage as he usually does but pretty much stayed behind his pedals at the mic with his head down. I think the poor baby may have been sick :( because he kept putting his hand to his mouth and coughing and then continuing to play. Then he'd look up and grin and mouth the words, "sorry!" :)

t, I left my camera in the car as I was afraid someone would take it off me but just so's you know I wore a yellow t-shirt for you that said "I HATE CILANTRO" on it with a picture of the vile weed and a red slash (like no smoking) through it. :-D

I wore that so I could meet up with Rich Atkins before the show more easily and we did. And he "basted" again too! :D

Good stuff!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Bummer about Al and the pics, too, but GREAT that you got to go and Ged was in good form and you had a wonderful time! :-D :-D

So, it was worth it?
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

awip2062 wrote:Bummer about Al and the pics, too, but GREAT that you got to go and Ged was in good form and you had a wonderful time! :-D :-D

So, it was worth it?
It soytenly was!!! :-D

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

SWEET! I'm happy for you.
Onward and Upward!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Kares! Glad you still got to represent us all at PNC! :wink: Sorry we couldn't be there to join you this year. Too much going on. All good, but too much!

We took the girls to Philly instead - Amy's first Rush show! She loved it, of course! And we found it was a much better environment for the kids - none of the "smelly stuff" like there was on the lawn at PNC last year. And I pulled out the Mom card and asked one guy who was readying to light up to move someplace else because I was there with my kids. He was really cool about it, high fived the girls, and moved on. :cool:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Amy's first Rush gig!

:wav:
Onward and Upward!
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

awip2062 wrote:Amy's first Rush gig!

:wav:
She loved it! We were walking out of the Wachovia Center and her first words... "When's their next show??" :cool:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

So next tour you will take her to every venue one of us attends?!?!!?

:-D
Onward and Upward!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Glad you got to go Kares!

Any good stories to tell us?
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yay for Amy!!! :-D

Well, MK I did meet up with Neil's riding buddy, Rich Atkins again. Oh man he has some stories to tell!! Hah! For instance he forgot his shoes at one point (only had riding boots) and Neil gave him his slippers!!!! He also basted during SOR. :)

I would post some of their riding and "concert" photos but he asked that I keep them private. I think he's writing another article on Neil for a motorcycle mag and will use either his or Andrew's pics. I'll post it if he does.

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Whoa, Kares, that is killer! Congrats on that! You got pics, too??! Awesome!

I'd love for you to post the pics, but for the fact that he asked you to keep them private. Don't want you to go back on your word. DO post the article if one comes out, though!
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Kares4Rush wrote:Yay for Amy!!! :-D

Well, MK I did meet up with Neil's riding buddy, Rich Atkins again. Oh man he has some stories to tell!! Hah! For instance he forgot his shoes at one point (only had riding boots) and Neil gave him his slippers!!!! He also basted during SOR. :)

I would post some of their riding and "concert" photos but he asked that I keep them private. I think he's writing another article on Neil for a motorcycle mag and will use either his or Andrew's pics. I'll post it if he does.
Coolness Kares! :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Kares4Rush wrote:Yay for Amy!!! :-D

Verrah Kewel kiddo. :-D
This space for rent