The RUSH mp3 album

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

1001001 wrote:Hmm?! Is there a toggle to get the extra space at the end of the song cropped off?

That has to be what's doing it, because every songs is encoded at 128.
Not sure. It could be Windows. Mine were ripped using MusicMatch on Red Hat. One would think that MusicMatch's compression algorithm is the same with both their Linux and Windows versions though.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!

Post by 1001001 »

by-tor wrote:
1001001 wrote:Hmm?! Is there a toggle to get the extra space at the end of the song cropped off?

That has to be what's doing it, because every songs is encoded at 128.
Mine were ripped using MusicMatch on Red Hat.
Was it running under WINE? I use Mandrake, but I have a dual-boot system. Since all my MP3s were on my Windows drive to begin with, I just boot in to XP to rip. Then, I can pull the files in both Linux and Windows.
Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

1001001 wrote:Was it running under WINE? I use Mandrake, but I have a dual-boot system. Since all my MP3s were on my Windows drive to begin with, I just boot in to XP to rip. Then, I can pull the files in both Linux and Windows.
No, no, no.....WINE == Evil. Fastest way to compromise the security of Linux? Run Microsoft software on it. :lol:

There's a version for Linux. I just looked at MusicMatch's site, and I don't see it anymore. They still have the press release up on their site for it...

http://www.musicmatch.com/info/company/ ... &release=2

But the download is missing.

If you're interested in it, I probably still have the installer somewhere.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Post by 1001001 »

You know, I've always thought of Rush as a geek band. Very cool to meet a fan that's a Linux geek as well.

Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Registered Linux user number 300166. 8)

Post by 1001001 »

by-tor wrote:Registered Linux user number 300166. 8)
Tux is user number 2112

I made both of these using The GIMP
Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits