Rush on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Rush on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

Post by awip2062 »

I got this from The National Midday Sun today and thought I'd pass it on for those who don't get their e-mails.
We are sending this mailshot today in a bid to try and get Rush a Star on the Hollywood walk of Fame.

I've spent sometime today discussing the proposition with Donna Halper. As am sure you know Donna is the person that "discovered" Rush back in 1974 and was instrumental in the band getting signed to Mercury Records.

Below is a message from Donna, please take the time to read the message and to help us out make this a reality.

"So whether you are in the USA or the UK, chances are at one time or other you have thought that Rush deserve some honour for their musical skill, their years of service to their fans, and their incredible ability to change people's lives with their music. Here in the States, there is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which honours the best of the rock performers... and yet, due to reasons that make no sense to me, executives at the Rock Hall do not think Rush are worthy of induction. As the woman who discovered them and who has been friends with them since we met in 1974 (and yes, we do still keep in touch), I am beyond frustrated at how the powers that be at the Rock Hall refuse to honour this amazing band.

So some friends of mine and I got together (with full approval from the band and their management) to mount our own campaign. In Hollywood CA there is a street that contains the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and celebrities can be honoured with a star. The celebrities must be nominated and a case made for their being given this honour. Would you agree that Rush are very deserving of such recognition? Would you like to help us to see that they are given a star of their own? If you'd like to help, please fill out the form and tell why you think Rush should be nominated for a star on the Walk of Fame.

Tell your story as honestly and kindly as possible (no flames about people at the Rock Hall-- the Walk of Fame committee are a separate group in a different city, and they have never been asked to honour Rush). We need this completed THIS WEEK so it can go out to the committee. I believe we can make this happen. And as fans of these three unique musicans, I believe we SHOULD help to make it happen. The form should be e-mailed to Kevin Purdy, a colleague of mine who is working on this
with me. His e-mail is <kevin> Thanks for the assistance, and do tell your friends about our effort, so they can participate too.

Love always, Donna L. Halper."

The form can be downloaded from this link http://www.t-n-m-s.com/filesbin/HWOF-No ... m-2008.pdf

Thanks and fingers crossed...

The TNMS Management Team.
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

That is cool. :-)

Do it. The time is short and so is the form.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
maxbulldog

Post by maxbulldog »

cool hope they get on.......

they get on there and not be in the hall of fame?? wuts up with that
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

How can you get on the walk of fame and not be in the HOF?
Weird.
maxbulldog

Post by maxbulldog »

yes they are getting a star on the walk of fame next year i saw this on www.ultimate-guitar.com
Giblin

Post by Giblin »

Personally, I think I'd cringe if Rush were ever inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame. They've been completely ignored thus far and the gesture, in my opinion, would be an empty one. Besides, who wants to see Rush included in an upside down "fraternity" that considers Madonna a rocker.
Last edited by Giblin on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

You have a good point, G.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
EJLUVSRUSH

Post by EJLUVSRUSH »

I whole heartedly agree with Giblin.

To induct RUSH into the so-called "rock and roll" hall of fame would be an insult.

It is neither about rock and roll, nor it is a hall of fame. It is a farce.

Just take a look at the past inductees. The Staple Singers, Wilson Pickett, The Jackson 5 AND Michael Jackson? I don't even know if that thing is human and he certainly has NOTHING to do with rock and roll. Hey, let's fire up the amps and play the solo from that Run-DMC song...um, which one was it that had the awesome guitar solo? NONE. Because they AREN'T ROCK AND ROLL.

RUSH don't need the rock and roll hall of fame. NOBODY needs the rock and roll hall of fame. Except maybe the record companies.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

It's mostly for the fans.

And they keep voting in the wrong bands.

Oh well.
This space for rent
EJLUVSRUSH

Post by EJLUVSRUSH »

So many people are so disillusioned about the rock and roll hall of fame they might as well shut it down.

it's a disgrace.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Wock and drool hall of lame.
This space for rent
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

They got it. They're number 2,412.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... ur_1146797

I didn't know the Walk was that long.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Raiden wrote:They got it. They're number 2,412.
damn....if they had only gotten it 300 steps earlier. :roll: :???: :lol:

How ironically cool would THAT have been?

Doesn't matter. They're THERE.....and THE HALL IS NEXT! 8)
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball

2112 prolly went to The Captain and Tennielle...................... or some other lame non rock and roll thing. :roll:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:2112 prolly went to The Captain and Tennielle...................... or some other lame non rock and roll thing. :roll:
Agreed! LMAO!
Don't start none...won't be none.