Huge Syme and Rush Art

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Me

Huge Syme and Rush Art

Post by Me »

I don't know if anyone is interested as I am? However I thought I'd throw it out there for interpretation. What do you percieve Huge Syme's rush art is trying to say along with the music? I'll start with a couple from the 'Snakes and Arrows" CD I see the baby carriage on the dock and the old toy on the street as questioning the future of our children and life itself.

You can take any art from any album for interpretation and let us know what it is you percieve and then we can debate it whether we agree or disagree along with a reason why.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

In my artistic opinion, this dog has to pee. And he wants others to know he has been there. :-)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

On S&A the "old hands" holding the snakes and arrows remindes me of a monk in prayer or repose and the snakes and arrows he's holding represent the hypocrisy and danger that religion holds in the world (according to Neil).

It's "belongs" much to Neil's thoughts not only because of the lyrics in S&A but also it is eerily reminiscent of Carrie's photo on the cover of "Rhythm and Light."

So I interpret. :)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Me

Post by Me »

Kares4Rush wrote:On S&A the "old hands" holding the snakes and arrows remindes me of a monk in prayer or repose and the snakes and arrows he's holding represent the hypocrisy and danger that religion holds in the world (according to Neil).

It's "belongs" much to Neil's thoughts not only because of the lyrics in S&A but also it is eerily reminiscent of Carrie's photo on the cover of "Rhythm and Light."

So I interpret. :)
And I like your interpretation. :)
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Me

Post by Me »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Image

In my artistic opinion, this dog has to pee. And he wants others to know he has been there. :-)
If it's a male he's searching for a signal of a possible good time too.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Kares4Rush wrote:On S&A the "old hands" ...is eerily reminiscent of Carrie's photo on the cover of "Rhythm and Light."
I thought of that, too when I first saw the cover.
Onward and Upward!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Isn't it the same photo but with the snake and arrow photoshopped in,
instead of the drumsticks?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Mayhaps. Looks it.
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Middle Kingdom wrote:Isn't it the same photo but with the snake and arrow photoshopped in,
instead of the drumsticks?
For SHAME, MK!!! Hugh doesn't use PHOTOSHOP!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well, mebbeh. :P

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Actually I guess we should look at the credits, as it's Carrie's photo.

So if Carrie has a photo credit, it's hers....if Hugh does,
then I guess he did a whole new picture.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I liked his late 70's and early 80's work since there was usually a double or triple meaning (if not an outright pun) to the album title.

Moving Pictures
Power Windows
Permanent Waves

He got to have a little fun with those titles.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?