RUSH EXTEND WORLD TOUR INTO 2008

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Will you be attending?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 6

Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Just so it wouldn't be missed I posted this in the Snakes and Arrows section as well. :-)

I looked and didn't see a thread regarding this, maybe I missed it? At any rate isn't this a "RUSH" fan web site?

Gina an I will be taking the girls to see one show, it has become a family affair with us.

RUSH

TORONTO, ON ? December 12, 2007:

After a hugely successful 2007 run, Rush are pleased to announce they will extend their Snakes & Arrows World Tour into 2008. The band will begin rehearsals in March to revamp the set list before kicking off the tour with their first ever appearance in San Juan, Puerto Rico in April.

2008 will see Rush tour in over 40 cities throughout the United States and Canada making stops in many where they haven?t performed in well over a decade including: Orlando, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Austin, Jacksonville and Winnipeg to name a few. Along the way, Rush will play new venues in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and Seattle and will revisit some familiar ones in Boston, Washington and Charlotte amongst others. Rush fans can look forward to a complete tour announcement in mid January. As details develop more information will be made available at www.rush.com and www.livenation.com.

Due to the overwhelming response of their fans in North America, the ?Snakes & Arrows? tour has been Rush?s highest grossing tour ever and the best attended in many years.
Snakes & Arrows (Anthem/Atlantic Records) was recorded in the fall of 2006 with Grammy Award-winner Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver) with Rush co-producing. Their first album of original material in nearly five years, Snakes & Arrows debuted at #3 on the Billboard Top 200. In addition, the track "Malignant Narcissism" has been nominated for a Grammy Award in the category Best Rock Instrumental Performance.

Since releasing its self-titled debut album in 1974, Rush has been universally regarded as one of the most inventive and exciting groups in rock, famed for virtuoso musicianship, epic soundscapes, and dramatic lyricism. The band?s extraordinary body of work ? which includes such acclaimed works as 1976?s ?2112,? 1981?s ?MOVING PICTURES,? 1996?s ?TEST FOR ECHO,? and 2002?s ?VAPOR TRAILS? ? has achieved worldwide sales exceeding 35 million units.

Fans will experience the technical virtuosity and hard-rocking compositions they have come to expect from Rush members, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Just need the tour dates released so We can take vacation.

We'll be there. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I am thinking of taking the show in myself, but I don't know if I will take the kids this time. They liked the show, but none of them are big Rush fans. Sad, I know. ;-)

Nice to see you post again, Tater! :-D
Onward and Upward!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

4 drivable shows without needing a hotel.
One I can stay with my sister,so I can
probably go visit Kares and PV in New Jersey again.

So possibly 5 more shows for me.
:-D
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yes, Mr. Spudly I posted a thread about this just below yours. ;) The name doesn't "grab" you as much, though. :oops:

I hope to hook up with people on this leg too!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I don't care where I see them, I will see them again. :-D
This space for rent
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Kares4Rush wrote:Yes, Mr. Spudly I posted a thread about this just below yours. ;) The name doesn't "grab" you as much, though. :oops:

Sorry for adding the marinade and dry rub. I didn't mean to over baste your thread.... I didn't open it. :oops:
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:
Kares4Rush wrote:Yes, Mr. Spudly I posted a thread about this just below yours. ;) The name doesn't "grab" you as much, though. :oops:

Sorry for adding the marinade and dry rub. I didn't mean to over baste your thread.... I didn't open it. :oops:
Aye, you didn't step on my thread! I just wanted to let you know that the second leg was indeed afoot in some form here! :-D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...