By-torian's original music and recordings

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I'll share one more... another of my old instrumentals. This one is part three in the waterfall trilogy. You already heard Waterfall. Then there was Electric Waterfall, which I don't think I'll share. And it wrapped up with Heavy Waterfall. (get it? heavey water? you're right, it wasn't funny)

http://matt.purescience.com/songs_/Heav ... Newman.mp3
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Walkinghairball wrote:For anyone who might have missed this from a different thread, here is a gander of a few of the things I'm doing the now.

http://www.mp3music4me.com/members/28/audio.php
Just listened to an awesome drum solo!

Watching Inner Sanctum videos. You guys are TI-ee-Igh-TIGHT! :-)
Elfdude wrote- I'm breaking the rules at work as I type this (downloaded an mp3 for my pleasure) and am listening to Recess at the moment. I love instrumentals, and this one is just TOO COOL! Way to go BBO!

That's the ultimate coolness; Breaking the rules to jam a mate's tune. I am honored!
where'd that cow come from?
I live in cowtown, after all.

Preparing to listen to your latest offering!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I'm going to break a rule as well. I'm double-posting to rave about Heavy Waterfall. I played it on its own then ran it with "Waterfall." They compliment each other nicely and identify a distinct style that I like a lot! I guess we can call it Elfstyle, dripping with Elven magic and buttery goodness.

That's it, we all (everyone here that can play an instrument, sing or just shout into a mic or beat a tambourine) have to jam/record together and make an album. Everyone contributes! Meeting at my house tonight. Better get moving...especially you, Ogg. Do you have many Flyer Miles saved up? :-)

All wishing aside. Another cool song to add to my rotation. Thanks, Elf!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

LOL!!! Elfstyle.
Yeah...

Anyway, thanks for the nice things you said.

You know... Dawn plays stuff. And we are yet to hear a note from her. :(

AND.... T4EFAN got that accordion and we haven't heard anything there either!!!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I think they are a touch "sicken Chit" LOL

J/K :razz: :razz: :razz:

If we build it they will come.

Oh yeah Owlie.....................METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

I need to listen to the other waterfall too.
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

11 30pm and I've just returned home from jamming with Dan for four hours. I'm editing as I type and hope to have something new to post within the hour...so fresh it doesnt know it's dead! I have a week's vacation so a late one for me I'm thinking.
I cannae wait to hear the next part of Elfies duology and I'm hoping (if it comes out as good as I think it did) to have an instrumental to send to BBO for our hopeful collaboration. Yay! :-) .
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Bugger! Just goes to show that cannabis can alter one's perception.

Here are several links to our 'up is the new down' jam that we recorded about three hours earlier.
Originally for BBO to play with but we ballsed up the recording levels (again!) so it's kinda distorted.
A cool example of old people smoking pot and jamming properly for the first time in three weeks :-) .

BBO, not quite what I expected but some example of what I hope to share. Hopefully I'll be able to send something a little more coherent and less 'jammy'...we'll be using the 'dah dah dahdahdah... dah dah dahdahdahdahda' guitar refrain though :-) .

The link(s) should work, please ket me know. G'night! :-)

http://savefile.com/download/1306909?PH ... d61d2602f0

<a href="http://savefile.com/files/1306909">Husk ... _down_.mp3 - Hosted on SaveFile.com</a>

http://www.savefile.com/files/1306909
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

BrOgg!
Some very tasty riffs and melodies in that tune. As you said, the gain is through the roof, but that's just cosmetic. Mix me one down that can't be heard from deep space, upload it and we're laughing. :-D
Are there lyrics on paper for this one or shall I come up with some ideas?

This will be fun :-)
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

This could be cool! I'm looking forward to hear what you guys come up with. :)
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Sir Myghin wrote: Ogg, excellent drumwork, and good guitarwork, the singing is not for me unfortunately. Keep up the good work hope your band gets what it needs to done. Having a splitting headache and being dizzy didn't really help with the pounding bass drum though.
:-D
Thanks SirM. I believe I still have an old demo thing of yours on disc somewhere.
ElfDude wrote:I'll share one more... another of my old instrumentals. This one is part three in the waterfall trilogy.

http://matt.purescience.com/songs_/Heav ... Newman.mp3
:shock: :shock: *insert jaw dropping smilie* :shock: :shock:

Another convert to the 'Elfstyle' phenomenon here :-) . Elfie you are more than tough enough to jam with Dan and myself, just be sure to bring your bag of geetar solos. Look ---> an actual '\M/' for hard rawking Elfie! :-D
Walkinghairball wrote:For anyone who might have missed this from a different thread, here is a gander of a few of the things I'm doing the now.

http://www.mp3music4me.com/members/28/audio.php
Man I'm so pleased you put these up, having lost them when my old computer died. Like BBO my 'By-Tor' folder is growing :)
I'd seen the video clips before and was honestly impressed but the audio solo did it for me BIG time. Re-spect Hairy Bro \M/ .
Big Blue Owl wrote:
Dedicated to one little lady.

http://www.mediamax.com/johnsongs/Hoste ... _clock.mp3
!!!!!!! I don't know why I bother posting my own. Yet another beauty BBroO, especially around the 2m 30 sec mark. Are you responsible for all of the geetars? \M/
Big Blue Owl wrote:BrOgg!
Some very tasty riffs and melodies in that tune. As you said, the gain is through the roof, but that's just cosmetic. Mix me one down that can't be heard from deep space, upload it and we're laughing. :-D
Are there lyrics on paper for this one or shall I come up with some ideas?

This will be fun :-)
'Tasty riffs, melodies...'??? man I drummed til it ached on this one! :-D

I'm thinking that it'd be cool to send something that 'can be heard from deep space' (lmfao you witty soul) for your own abuse of. Vocals, bass, solos...carte blanche mate.
The other idea to send an established song of ours (obviously in instrumental form) for your own take? That would be most interesting.
Then again if I could send a four or five minute file of just my drums grooving...a foundation for you to build upon perhaps? most intriguing.

Just to complicate things further mate :-) . I have an interesting drum refrain that we touched upon last night but I'm hoping that my other jamming mate 'young heavy metal Dan' will add to this. Oh what fun... :-D

Now all we have to do is encourage Wendy to contribute keyboards, t to bang the bass and perhaps KWSB could handle percussion? Hold on, doesn't Cyggy play?... :cool:
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Yet another beauty BBroO, especially around the 2m 30 sec mark. Are you responsible for all of the geetars? \M/
Yeah, one of those that I had to do all but drums.
The other idea to send an established song of ours
I'll attempt to add to anything you've got, buddy. Just put 'em up and I'll load 'em down. :-)
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I was digging through boxes of old cassettes last night and found a lot of recordings from yesteryear. This one's kinda funny, kinda embarrassing, but cool in a Pat Benatar/mid-eighties sort-of way.

*WebHost lost, working to re-post songs soon.*
Last edited by Big Blue Owl on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Whoa! Listen to you go! That's 80's guitar hero kind of work, that is!

*bows in the Wayne and Garth manner* I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Rock And Roll Boy
http://www.mediamax.com/johnsongs/Hoste ... lboy-1.mp3
Nice Owlie! I was able to hear that. Not to sound like a dweeb, but that
chick is a dead-ringer for Patty Smythe.

Ever do any Scandal tunes? :shock: :?
Don't start none...won't be none.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

was recording some guitarowkr today, but my program kept screwing up on the lady's computer (not much works on my x64 OS) It was going alright with some simple rhythm guitar, (overly simple but i don't see much else i could tie on it) the rhythm guitar will however make a better platform for leads than the bass alone was.