Gallows

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Gallows

Post by Ogg »

I just dont know where this comes from, sometimes it lays dormant but I feel the need to share! Permit the evil chuckle. Of late music is just so damn inspiring.
ANOTHER band that I heard on the radio (twice) but enough to arouse the Ogg radar. A wee browse for the album and another I have to purchase.
I'll let Wikipedia explain :-) . http://www.myspace.com/gallows

"Gallows are an English Punk Rock band from Hemel Hempstead. Their debut album, Orchestra of Wolves was distributed in the U.S. by the famous independent label Epitaph Records, and they have recently signed a ?1 million two-album deal with Warner Bros.

Gallows formed in 2005, and released their first album, Orchestra of Wolves on In at the Deep End Records. The album caught the attention of Bad Religion's Brett Gurewitz, who released it in America on Epitaph Records, with new tracks including a Black Flag cover.

Their 2007 tour included stops at, the South by Southwest showcase festival, Warped Tour 2007, Download Festival, and the Reading Festival, where Frank Carter got tattooed live on-stage during the performance. They are currently on tour with Bad Religion.

The band won the 2007 Kerrang! Award for best British Newcomer.

Their single "In The Belly of a Shark" is set to appear on the latest installment of Guitar Hero.

The band has recently shot and released the music video for their third single, "Staring At The Rude Bois", which was originally by The Ruts. The video has been played on Mtv2 and Scuzz..."
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

I will say,they will wake up your brain faster than a double espresso.
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Wendy wrote:I will say,they will wake up your brain faster than a double espresso.
Lol, sorry about that. I often forget I'm from the future :-)

A good album, not great but not up to the hype either. Still, good to blast out the punk cobwebs every now and again :-) .
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Ah, cobwebs, must mean it's Halloween!!!! :spiderman: :spiderman: :spiderman: :spiderman: :spiderman: :spiderman: :spiderman: :spiderman:
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live