LED ZEPPELIN REUNION GIG!!

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Walkinghairball wrote:
schuette wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:How is that? My state is as large or larger than GB, I think?

Still not that hard to do.
thats the reason...cuz your state is larger than the UK...and more importantly Scotland then distance is nothing to you...we look upon it differently
Hey, it's ok. I have done an ass load of travelling in my young 40 years, so yes, distance is nothing to me. Cost or time wise.

Been there, done that.
I didn't say anything about Scotland being nothing to me, unless by counting it in with GB. That's just American stupidity. If that is what happened, I am truly sorry for that colossal mistake.
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

I never thought you were dissing Scotland for a minute!...just if your state is bigger than the UK then imagine how many times Scotland would fit in it :lol:

but yeah when talking to me it's better to just say Scotland and not UK ;) saying that we were talking about London though lol
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

If I recall correctly, someone once told me that five of Scotland would fit in Washington.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

As for distance, I do find it odd that a wee drive of 300 miles would seem so much, but I grew up on the west coast and we did lots of driving. We would often drive that much in a day just going to school, work, and shopping. Tomorrow I will do that to take my mom to the doctors, then turn around and do it again to go see Steve Vai with my boys. Zep drives enough that he could probably cross the conintent if he put all his miles driven in a week together in the right direction. Hmmm...H might like that! She could ged a visit from her dad and introduce him to some real nut cases, I mean, friends she has out there!
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

You're gonna see Vai!!!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yep! Saturday. A friend of mine needed me to pick her kids up from Sea-Tac (she was still in California) and she gave me gas money to get them and then some. Eagle loves Vai, he's E's favorite player right now, I think, and had been mentioning the Vai concert coming up, so I decided to use the extra money that I hadn't been expecting and hadn't put in the budget to get tickets.

As for distance...I got nosey and looked it up.

Scotland is 30,978 square miles
Washington is 66,544 square miles
So, looks like only two Scotlands will fit in Washington.

And it is 596 miles from Scotland to London, so Elf will travel the same distance as going from Scotland to London for a concert soon.

Go Elf!
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Of course, if Schu went to London she'd have to get home again as well...

If you go to see Vai do you know what that means? Carvin amps all over the stage, baby!!! :-D
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Well i was excited, until i seen it was only 1 show & over seas. So just kinda makes me more upset knowing i will never see them. Same thing with Pink Floyd, yeah i saw Roger Waters once, but.............. The last Yes tour pissed me off big time, they went only around the outskirts or N America.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

LisaBug2112 wrote:The last Yes tour pissed me off big time, they went only around the outskirts or N America.
That was the last three Yes tours, wasn't it? :cry:

They haven't been to my neck of the woods since 1997...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

ElfDude wrote:Of course, if Schu went to London she'd have to get home again as well...

If you go to see Vai do you know what that means? Carvin amps all over the stage, baby!!! :-D
Carvin amps, Ibanez guitars, and one whole night of strangness. Oh, the things you do for the love of your children!

Maybe you and Kares should go see Vai. He's touring all over right now.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

And this has WHAT to do with LZ???

Where's the Zepfather when ya need him.... :roll:

**places a call to the Led Zeppelin Mafia**
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Looks like Paulie Walnuts is back in town. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Did I mention that Jason Bonham was in Syracuse playing at the State Fair and one of our number got to see him?
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

Here is some new news.

Zeppelin Has Mixed Views on More Shows
Dec. 6, 2007, 1:06 AM EST

LONDON (AP) -- Will Led Zeppelin's long-awaited reunion lead to more concerts?

Guitarist Jimmy Page, singer Robert Plant and bass player John Paul Jones will perform Monday at London's 02 Arena, a benefit tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, who died last year.

It will be the rock band's first concert in almost two decades.

"I must say that after our initial get-together it was so exhilarating and fun that I did feel I would like to do more," Q music magazine quoted Page, 63, as saying.

"I've got things I've been working on for the past four years that I'm proud of," he says. "Some of the songs I've got ready are as good as anything I've done in the past. I wouldn't necessarily save them for my solo career."

Jones, 61, tells both Q and Rolling Stone magazine that he has no idea whether more concerts will follow.

"I guess the door has been left slightly ajar," he tells Q. "We'll have to see how we feel about it afterwards."

Plant, 59, tells Rolling Stone magazine in its Dec. 13 issue: "If people don't talk about a tour, anything is likely. The more people talk, the more pressure it puts on everybody."

And if there is no more Led Zeppelin after Monday's show, "That's fine," he says, "because we will do it with a good heart."

Led Zeppelin split up in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham. They will be joined at Monday's concert by Bonham's son Jason.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Zepfather will be pleased. :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I just heard on an NPR radio program that one guy paid $154,000.00 for two Zep tickets for tonight (or tomorrow?) in London.

ImageImage
ImageImage