Real Football (Soccer to the Yanks)

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Real Football (Soccer to the Yanks)

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Well with the Premier League and the Bundeslige starting this weekend, and with the French league already underway, where d'ya all stand? Who are you rootig for?

Personally, I'm an FC Bayern fan!

In the Premier League, I root for Arsenal and Chelsea...what can I say...GO BALLACK!

I'm kind of new to French football (in the US, we don't see much beyond MLS and Premier League), but I saw Lyon's and Le Mans's matches this weekend and they both look pretty decent.

I don't like watching Italian football much...too much acting! :-D
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

MLS- New England Revolution
I used to root for Man U, until Malcolm Glazer bought them out and ruined the team. I keep an eye on Real Madrid, gotta love the Beak!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I thought real football did not start until September 6th. :? :razz:
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ahhh SHIT! :happy1:
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:I thought real football did not start until September 6th. :? :razz:
American football starts Sept 6th- real football is played year round.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

On a serious note, I like all types of racing F1, Nascar, open wheel, rally, grand prix whatever. so I am not biased towards American sports. I have seriously tried to watch soccer and it bores the shit out of me.. They kick a ball over this huge field, no real hitting or scoring. The scores are like what 1-0 or 2-1? I mean cmon. Thank God American football was invented. I cannot imagine watching Soccer on a Sunday afternoon.. sorry to all the Euro's I have offended, to each their own, but hey you guys are going to get some good ole NFL action on your side of the pond this year. You may like the hard hitting action, and don't say the pads make them sissys, The pads keep them from getting killed..
Happy 2015!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Doesn't Real Madrid win every league?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

oh come on and just say it Soup...

WE STOLE RUGBY AND MADE IT EXTREEEEEEEME!! :-D

I like (soccer) football in moderation.

SO moderate in fact, the only thing about I like - is when the
announcer dude goes GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!! :lol:
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Soup4Rush wrote:but hey you guys are going to get some good ole NFL action on your side of the pond this year.
NFL Europe folded 3 weeks ago...they ged nothing now...

EDIT- Watch Aussie Rules Football....there's extreme!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

NFL Europe sucks, that is why it folded. a bunch of has beens and never wases.. kind of like the XFL. I was talking about the NFL games that are scheduled for London this year.
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

and Rugby and AR football is cool, I even like LaCrosse. At least there is action. I don't see the action in Soccer unless there are riots, now that is entertaining :-D
Happy 2015!
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Aussie Rules rocks! Those guys are friggin' nuts. No pads and twice the blood...
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
schuette

Post by schuette »

the European Championships is on the now and in their last game Scotland bet France 1-0...nothing to you lot maybe but it's the first time Scotland has beat France in 52 or 57 years...cant remember what one...but more importantly in my opinion anyway the first time anyone has bet France at their homeground in 10 years...c'mon the Scots! :-D
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

congrats to Scotland!!!! now everyone has beaten the French.. :-D on a serious note, sincere congrats to you Schutte, I know how proud you are of your country. :-) Scotland rocks!! :-)
Happy 2015!
schuette

Post by schuette »

cheers soupie :-D ...Scotland hasnt got the best success history when it comes to football but we keep trying :lol: