AWESOME! :-D LOVE IT...love the cover art too :-D
We're all mad here!
schuette

Post by schuette »

we agree on something :-D
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

:razz:

I would love to have a poster of the album cover.
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I don't like the front cover.

But a poster of the back cover, now yer talkin!!
This space for rent
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I want a poster of the back cover.

The picture is reminiscent of Carrie's picture of Neil's hands on the cover of Rythm & Light. However with the SnA religious "theme" it reminds me of an elderly monk's or other clieric's hands clasped in prayer.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Me

Post by Me »

Yes' I think it's awsome too.
Some of their best work yet, if not their very best!
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

I think the stand out track is undoubtedly "Armour and Sword". This tune, I genuinely believe is fit to be ranked along with their very best stuff.(Yes that DOES include Hemispheres!)It will be a travesty if they don't play this live.

Workin' them Angels is a pretty close second as well. I just love the almost conversational, folky vibe of this one from start to finish.In all, very spiritual and uplifting.

The three instrumentals are also very good. I love TMMB as it's a lot more subtle than first listening would suggest. trust me, there is a great deal going on musically there.
Mail Nar is quirky and has that goofy sense of humour that has often been missing lately from their work.
And what can I say about Hope? Absolutely beautiful, and reminds me of some of Bert Janschs folky stuff.

Ok, it's not all good, and there are the inevitable clunkers, though even these seem to be growing on me, so I won't pass judgement quite yet (this is very unusual for me, as normally I can tell pretty much after one spin whether I like an album or not).

All in all, S&A has surpassed all my expectations, and even though it is (IMO) not consistent enough to be ranked amongst their very best works, it certainly contains material that matches that standard.

Cautiously, I would say that it is certainly as good as Presto, and almost matches HYF, but it is early days yet as has already been mentioned.

Sorry for the rambling, this turned out to be longer than I meant it to.....
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Please, Fridge, ramble on (shamless Zep reference); that's what we like best.
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I hope they do Hope live, and I hope they play an extended version, like really jam out on that hell yeah!!! :-D
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

As long as they play nothing from Feedback I will be happy.
This space for rent
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I liked when they did songs from feedback live it was cool but I'd like it if they just did their stuff this time.
We're all mad here!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Its been a while and I've had enough time to assimilate S&A past the initial flush of a new album and I've got to say that I love it - in fact, in my opinion, its the best since Moving Pictures. There's a wonderful sense of fatalism that runs through the whole album which closely matches the way I'm feeling at the moment.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
doctorbraino

Post by doctorbraino »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Its been a while and I've had enough time to assimilate S&A past the initial flush of a new album and I've got to say that I love it - in fact, in my opinion, its the best since Moving Pictures. There's a wonderful sense of fatalism that runs through the whole album which closely matches the way I'm feeling at the moment.
Finally someone who agrees with me.
Did you ever wonder why "Happily ever after" never applied to you?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Its been a while and I've had enough time to assimilate S&A past the initial flush of a new album and I've got to say that I love it - in fact, in my opinion, its the best since Moving Pictures. There's a wonderful sense of fatalism that runs through the whole album which closely matches the way I'm feeling at the moment.
I'm really sorry you're going through this, Slaine.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

ElfDude wrote:
I'm really sorry you're going through this, Slaine.
One should never, NEVER, never, be sorry for a Rush album :smt033 :smt039 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt033 :smt039 :smt020 :smt020 :smt020 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt033 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041