Is Global Warming a Sin?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

White House Brushes Off ClimateGate, Claims Climate Change Is No Longer ?In Dispute Anymore?
By PoliJAM | November 30, 2009
When asked by Fox News? Major Garrett what the White House thought about the ClimateGate scandal, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs claimed that the existence of climate change was no longer ?in dispute anymore.?
?On the order of several thousands of scientists have come to the conclusion that climate change is happening. I don?t think that?s anything that is quite frankly, among most people, in dispute anymore.?

It seems the White House is either too caught up in its liberal ideological bubble to notice the large and growing number of people that doubt the shaky science behind the global warming fraud, or they just no longer care since the Obama administration?s goal is to push its agenda either way.
Later, Lester Kinsolving of WCBM Radio out of Baltimore, Maryland, asked Gibbs if he was ?aware of the list, the published list of 31,000 scientists who oppose this idea of global warming.?
Gibbs, who has no scientific background of which I am aware of, responded that ?there?s no real scientific basis for the dispute of this.?
The response by the White House mouthpiece reveals a lack of concern on the part of the Obama administration for the truth of the science in which they hope to push their ideological agenda.
This is an article on The PoliJam Times Blog.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:
White House Brushes Off ClimateGate, Claims Climate Change Is No Longer ?In Dispute Anymore?
By PoliJAM | November 30, 2009
When asked by Fox News? Major Garrett what the White House thought about the ClimateGate scandal, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs claimed that the existence of climate change was no longer ?in dispute anymore.?
?On the order of several thousands of scientists have come to the conclusion that climate change is happening. I don?t think that?s anything that is quite frankly, among most people, in dispute anymore.?

It seems the White House is either too caught up in its liberal ideological bubble to notice the large and growing number of people that doubt the shaky science behind the global warming fraud, or they just no longer care since the Obama administration?s goal is to push its agenda either way.
Later, Lester Kinsolving of WCBM Radio out of Baltimore, Maryland, asked Gibbs if he was ?aware of the list, the published list of 31,000 scientists who oppose this idea of global warming.?
Gibbs, who has no scientific background of which I am aware of, responded that ?there?s no real scientific basis for the dispute of this.?
The response by the White House mouthpiece reveals a lack of concern on the part of the Obama administration for the truth of the science in which they hope to push their ideological agenda.
This is an article on The PoliJam Times Blog.
Isn't it great being lied to? I know I love it...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I don't believe a word that "Baghdad Bob" says.

He's nothing but a mouthpiece to run interference for the despot.

Just google "Baghdad Bob" and you'll see what I mean:

http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/1108 ... mage34.jpg
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/143573

THE scientific consensus that mankind has caused climate change was rocked yesterday as a leading academic called it a ?load of hot air underpinned by fraud?.

Professor Ian Plimer condemned the climate change lobby as ?climate comrades? keeping the ?gravy train? going.

In a controversial talk just days before the start of a climate summit attended by world leaders in Copenhagen, Prof Plimer said Governments were treating the public like ?fools? and using climate change to increase taxes.

He said carbon dioxide has had no impact on temperature and that recent warming was part of the natural cycle of climate stretching over ?billions of years.

Prof Plimer told a London audience: ?Climates always change. They always have and they always will. They are driven by a number of factors that are random and cyclical.?

His comments came days after a scandal in climate-change research emerged through the leak of emails from the world-leading research unit at the University of East Anglia. They appeared to show that scientists had been massaging data to prove that global warming was taking place

The Climate Research Unit also admitted getting rid of much of its raw climate data, which means other scientists cannot check the subsequent research. Last night the head of the CRU, Professor Phil Jones, said he would stand down while an independent review took place.

Professor Plimer said climate change was caused by natural events such as volcanic eruptions, the shifting of the Earth?s orbit and cosmic radiation. He said: ?Carbon dioxide levels have been up to 1,000 times higher in the past. CO2 cannot be driving global warming now.

?In the past we have had rapid and significant climate change with temperature changes greater than anything we are measuring today. They are driven by processes that have been going on since the beginning of time.?

He cited periods of warming during the Roman Empire and in the Middle Ages ? when Vikings grew crops on Greenland ? and cooler phases such as the Dark Ages and the Little Ice Age from 1300 to 1850.

And he predicted that the next phase would cool the planet.

Climate change is widely blamed on the burning of fossil fuels which release greenhouse gases such as CO2 into the atmosphere, where they trap the sun?s heat.

The talks at Copenhagen are expected to find ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions globally.

But Professor Plimer, of Adelaide and Melbourne Universities, said that to stop climate change Governments should find ways to prevent changes to the Earth?s orbit and ocean currents and avoid explosions of supernovae in space. Of the saga of the leaked emails, he said: ?If you have to argue your science by using fraud, your science is not valid.?

The CRU?s Professor Jones has admitted some of the emails may have had ?poorly chosen words? and were sent in the ?heat of the moment?. But he has categorically denied manipulating data and said he stood by the science. And yesterday he dismissed suggestions of a conspiracy to alter ?evidence to support a theory of man-made global warming as ?complete rubbish?.

But mining geology professor Plimer said there was a huge momentum behind the climate-change lobby.

He suggested many scientists had a vested interest in promoting climate change because it helped secure more funding for research. He said: ?The climate comrades are trying to keep the gravy train going. Governments are also keen on putting their hands as deep as possible into our pockets.

?The average person has been talked down to. He has been treated like a fool. Yet the average person has common sense.?

But Vicky Pope, head of Met Office Climate Change Advice, said: ?We are seeing changes in climate on a timescale we have not seen before.

?There clearly are natural variations. But the only way we can explain these trends is when we include both man-made and natural changes to the climate.

?We have also seen declines in summer sea ice over the past 30 years, glaciers retreating for 150 years, changing rainfall patterns and increases in subsurface and surface ocean temperatures.?

And as the war of words between the rival camps intensified, leading economist Lord Stern dismissed the sceptics as ?muddled?.

Lord Stern, who produced a detailed report on the issue for the Government, said evidence of ?climate change was ?overwhelming?. He accepted that all views should be heard but said the degree of ?scepticism among ?real scientists? was very small.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Call me stupid, but DO PLANTS NOT THRIVE ON CO2 AND RELEASE OXYGEN?

Just sayin.'
Don't start none...won't be none.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

"The science is settled!"

All the President's Climategate Deniers
by Michelle Malkin

http://townhall.com/columnists/Michelle ... ments=true
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

^^^^^^^^^^

Excellent article.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

From the AP this morning:
SYDNEY ? Australia's plans for an emissions trading system to combat global warming were scuttled Wednesday in Parliament, handing a defeat to a government that had hoped to set an example at international climate change talks next week.

The Senate, where Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's government does not hold a majority, rejected his administration's proposal for Australia to become one of the first countries to install a so-called cap-and-trade system...
Australia is one step ahead of us on this one. Remember, Pelosi's congress passed a hugely expensive cap and trade/tax bill a little while ago. Our senate has not voted on it yet. Hopefully the bill will die in the senate.

Some more good stuff from the UK press:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/james ... lling-now/

And hats off to the Daily Express for making this a front page issue! :D

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

CAP-AND-TAX MUST DIE!

:smt071 DIE! DIE! DIE! :smt066
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

CygnusX1 wrote:"The science is settled!"

All the President's Climategate Deniers
by Michelle Malkin

http://townhall.com/columnists/Michelle ... ments=true

Me likey this one too. :-D
This space for rent
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Way to go UK press!!!!!
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Way to go UK press!!!!!
Cheers you Blokes! :headbang:
Walkinghairball

Al Gore Gets It Wrong at Copenhagen Talks
Updated: 2 hours 24 minutes ago

(Dec. 15) -- It is an inconvenient time for Al Gore to be fudging numbers on global climate change.

With the specter of the "Climategate" e-mails hanging ominously over the Copenhagen climate change summit, the former vice president told a crowd there on Monday that one scientist had predicted the polar ice cap would have no summer ice in five to seven years.

"These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr. Maslowski that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years," Gore told the audience.

But the scientist Gore quoted, Dr. Wieslaw Maslowski of the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, Calif., told the Times of London that he never said such a thing.

"It's unclear to me how this figure was arrived at," Maslowski told the Times. "I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this."

The scientist said Gore's statement about the pole being "completely ice-free" was not in line with his current predictions, which are dramatic enough without being pumped up. Maslowski said his research shows 80 percent of the north polar ice will melt in the next six years, but he expects some ice to remain beyond the year 2020.

In an email to Sphere, Maslowski added that if the Arctic melting trend of the last 15 years continues, the "main reduction of sea ice volume may take place within the next five to seven years," which would affect the global climate.

Gore's office later admitted to the Times that the figures weren't actually all that "fresh," but were instead based on a conversation Gore had had with Maslowski several years ago.

Regardless of the confusing details, most climate scientists agree that human activity has contributed to rising temperatures. But the credibility of that consensus was undermined last month when critics released thousands of e-mail exchanges, some of which gave the impression that scientists were massaging figures and trying to silence skeptics of anthropogenic global warming.
Last edited by Walkinghairball on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

You know, this global warming (oh, I'm sorry - I meant "climate change"
...since we're cooling :roll:) tete-a-tete just gets better every day.

Anybody that believes anything that donkey ^^^ says needs a swift
kick in the ass. Seriously. :razz:
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Let's talk about the north pole region. During the last 3 years, the daily temperatures have vacillated between about ?40? F (-40? C) during December and January to a little above freezing (0? C) in June, July and August.

From 1988 to 1998 the average global temperature rose about 0.6?C and it has cooled roughly the same amount in the last ten years. (hide the decline)

So the polar cap has an average temperature through the year of approximately -20?C? How does it end up ice-free five to seven years from now?