Our Sadness

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Our Sadness

Post by Ogg »

From an earlier posting...
Ogg wrote:'Canine of the day' has to go to my own 'Frodo'
Image who has a liver infection, the poor thing :( .
I am distressed to say that our Frodo has been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the liver..............and has to be put to rest later this evening :( .

I'm man enough to tell you all that the tears are flowing thick and fast here. My wife has gone out for a walk alone, the children have decided to each do their own thing. It's hell here right now.

I have to be there later for Frodo and my wife, I have to witness the whole thing and I can say I've never not looked forward to anything as much as this in my whole life.
We've noticed the rapid decline this past week or so. The very worst part is that his stomach has filled with fluid so he appears to be fat when in fact he's the opposite.
To think that he's only five years old...................................................
Thanks for listening, it helps.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

D!!!!!!!!!

I think the stomach thing is called "Distention" or something close to that.

Bro, I know exactly how you all feel there. We had to put Bubba down just over a year ago, he was 15. :( :( :(

It reduced me to a blubbering idiot.

(((((((((((((((Clan Ogg))))))))))))))
This space for rent
Me

Post by Me »

My words can't express sorrow, sorry for all the hardship.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Medinaquirin

Post by Medinaquirin »

Damn, I know how you feel, hon. Our beagle Katie had a massive kidney failure a few years ago and had to be put down. She was eight, and a sweet dog, it was hard on all of us. Best wishes for your family through such a hard time. *hugs*
~Time is a spiral, space is a curve
I know you get dizzy but try not to lose your nerve
~
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Awww, man! I am so sorry, Ogg.

(((((Ogg and family))))))

That really stinks. I wish there was something that could be done.
Onward and Upward!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Sorry to hear this.
That is a shame.
Wishing you all strength.
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

((((((((((((((((((((Ogg and the Oggettes))))))))))))))))))))))) Sorry for your loss. :cry:
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Aw... :(

We always seem to outlive our beloved pets...

I hope you guys are okay soon.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Well, suitably composed enough to reply the now. I've been back for an hour odd, simply the most difficult thing I've had to endure. Mrs Ogg couldnt come with me due to a broken heart, same with Josh. I never knew I was capable of so many tears to be honest.
My wife is far more the animal lover than I am and I love dogs but it's her I'm mostly concerned about. Frodo was her dog from the off, considering he was only five is such a shame...she loved him so much.

What more can I say? I was with him at the end, for his last hour odd. Poor Frodo was so weak it truly was heartbreaking. After being sedated we were left alone some more so yet more tears and hugs. Finally the inevitable and we were left alone once again.......

............I miss him so much.
Thanks for the kind words.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Oh, Ogg. My heart is breaking for you and your family right now. I know what you are going through and it's nothing short of raw grief.

I hope you have solace soon and healing in remembering all the joy Frodo gave you and your family and what joy you gave him in his short life instead of the loss. This is a ways off though.

So honor your love for him now with your tears.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

One of my best friends is a veteranarian. He has his own practice now, but grew up working in animal hospitals. Administering that injection has never been easy for him, even when he knows it will relieve suffering. He says it's worst though when people just bring in a littler of puppies that they simply don't want to deal with anymore. "Here, kill these."

But cancer... dang. You showed love to your dog by doing it this way. You know that, right?

Bestest and warmest wishes your way.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

I started to reread the thread I made when Fluffy died and reading some words to a dream theater song I dedicated to my child. I shed my tears as I miss her still. It hasn't been that long since her passing. It hurts so much because I loved her. I know what pain you're going through.
Orlando's LOVESLAVE

Post by Orlando's LOVESLAVE »

(((((((((((((((((((( Ogg & Clan )))))))))))))))))))))
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

sorry D.... :(
Happy 2015!