The Led Zeppelin mafia

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

The Led Zeppelin mafia

Post by YYZ30 »

Knebworth 1979...what could have been...the 80 US tour would have rocked.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ...

YOU ARE THE MAN.

Largo, MD - 3 night stand in '77.....saw night 2....slept in a ditch while hitch-hiking home...good times, bad times :headbang:

Going to stand in line 3 days before '80 tour tickets went on sale, and Bonzo passes 1 week before.

ultimate bummer. :roll: :cry:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Sigette was crushed, as she was never fortunate enuff to see them live, but I did the next-best thing, and scored her Robert Plant '86 tickets off of the radio station. :-D

Tasty-good show, but very little LZ tunage. :???:
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I missed their last tour too! Oh boy was I upset. :( Broke a kid's heart.

I finally saw Plant a year ago last June at the Beacon Theater with another Rush fan. Plant was old as can be but it was PLANT!!!! :-D

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

these days, ya gotta take-whatcha-can-get!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

And vice-versa! :shock:

One kind of funny thing about that show, though. We were 2nd row center (BOO-yeah) and whoever greased whom to get the FRONT row seats did so by bringing in a passel of 5-year-olds. Some righ a**hole's way of giving their kids a party or something. They had sparklies and deely-bop antennas that lit up and everything. They had NO clue.

At one point Plant would come to the front of the stage and he was making eye contact with the kids climbing up the stage and he was making sweet faces and all. That was fine but when he did "Whole Lotta Love" he was being all "sexy" (well as sexy as he could by then) and saying things like "Momma's gotta have it. Poppa's gotta have it too" and normally I'd be there screaming "Whooo HOOOO!" but he kept cracking up because he was literally singing it to 5-year-olds and it SO ruined the intent. Became comical. Oh well. :roll:

I'd still like to SWACK the moron who gave the tickets to the "Soccer Mom and Dad's Club." What a waste. :x

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Zepboy had tickets in hand for later in the tour. How he wishes he kept those tickets now.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Kares4Rush wrote:And vice-versa! :shock:

One kind of funny thing about that show, though. We were 2nd row center (BOO-yeah) and whoever greased whom to get the FRONT row seats did so by bringing in a passel of 5-year-olds. Some righ a**hole's way of giving their kids a party or something. They had sparklies and deely-bop antennas that lit up and everything. They had NO clue.

At one point Plant would come to the front of the stage and he was making eye contact with the kids climbing up the stage and he was making sweet faces and all. That was fine but when he did "Whole Lotta Love" he was being all "sexy" (well as sexy as he could by then) and saying things like "Momma's gotta have it. Poppa's gotta have it too" and normally I'd be there screaming "Whooo HOOOO!" but he kept cracking up because he was literally singing it to 5-year-olds and it SO ruined the intent. Became comical. Oh well. :roll:

I'd still like to SWACK the moron who gave the tickets to the "Soccer Mom and Dad's Club." What a waste. :x
HAHAHA "Mr. Plant's Neighborhood" "Won't-chu-be-mah-neighbor"
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:Zepboy had tickets in hand for later in the tour. How he wishes he kept those tickets now.
no doubt. wonder how much THOSE would go for on eBay? :shock:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Enough to ged us to Rushcon perhaps?
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I never got to see Zeppelin live, but I have been in a motel 6. And I tossed the tv into the pool so I could be more like Bonzo.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

that's rock and roll for ya :headbang:

watching Bonzo maul that little drum kit got me into
my first kit....then a friend introduced me to this little
thing called guitar. :-D
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

CygnusX1 wrote:YYZ...

YOU ARE THE MAN.

Largo, MD - 3 night stand in '77.....saw night 2....slept in a ditch while hitch-hiking home...good times, bad times :headbang:
Ok, that's weird. I was there as well. This was my third concert ever. First was Kiss in '76 at the Baltimore Civic Center, then Rush at the same venue, then Zep at the Capital Centre in Largo. It was either the first or second night. I remember being bummed that they were there for a third show that I couldn't go to after seeing them the night before.

Here is the set list from that show;

05/25/1977 Landover, Maryland - Capitol Center

1/The Song Remains The Same 2/The Rover (intro)/Sick Again 3/Nobody's Fault But Mine 4/In My Time Of Dying 5/Since I've Been Loving You 6/No Quarter 7/Ten Years Gone 8/The Battle Of Evermore 9/Going To California 10/Black Country Woman 11/Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp 12/White Summer 13/Black Mountain Side 14/Kashmir 15/Out On The Tiles/Moby Dick 16/Guitar Solo/Achilles Last Stand 17/Stairway To Heaven 18/Whole Lotta Love (intro)/Rock And Roll

And a pic of the boot from it;

Small world, Cyg.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

no doubt BBO!! that's too cool! we're homies. *high five*

Yep, that was one of SCADS of shows I saw at Capital Centre.

I was there when the Rock-umentary "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" was filmed before the Judas Priest show way back when....can't remember the year...can't remember much of the show either :roll: :cry: heh heh

I'm DYING to find that film online somewhere...those were good times.