England Stirs...

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote: Ummm...can I make it up to you by playing a bit of Yes?
Yes.

Hey, did you ever tell the people of this board about your Yes awakenings?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ummm.....I don't know. I would have to look in the Other Music section. I know people at the other place know.
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

I?m doing fine, thanks for asking.

It is getting kind of irritating when we are on a subject and people go off in another direction.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
schuette

Post by schuette »

Me wrote:
It sounded like the Scots still have clans? I assume this is not like the gangs we have here, but divided by culture?
the clans are not gang-like.....there is no clans, not in that sense of the word...clans is more a tradition that we are proud of be a part of.....I'm proud to be part of the Anderson clan lol....but the clans arn't even divided by culture.....we are all Scottish
there is more a divide in the areas of Scotland....the Highlands and the Lowlands......that is 2 different cultures.

I want to move to the West Highlands...the scenery up there is breathtaking :-D
Nunavuter

Post by Nunavuter »

Clan: a grouping of related and /or allied families, whether or not they share a common surname. Nothing sinister about tartans.
Nowhere Toronto, nowhere to hide

schuette

Post by schuette »

in Scotland clans never get mentioned......the net has information and I'm probably right in thinking it's more Americans/Canadians that respond to the clan sites

btw Nunavuter what made you say 'Nothing sinister about tartans'? :lol: