Feb 20 2007 - Knust, HAMBURG, Germany
Feb 21 2007 - Kato, BERLIN, Germany
Feb 22 2007 - Proxima Club, WARSAW, Poland
Feb 24 2007 - Z7, PRATTELN, Switzerland
Feb 25 2007 - Alcatraz, MILAN, Italy
Feb 26 2007 - Matrix, BOCHUM, Germany
Feb 27 2007 - Caf? de la Danse, PARIS, France
Feb 28 2007 - Boerderij, ZOETERMEER, Netherlands
Mar 3 2007 - Fuzz Club, ATHENS, Greece (Tickethouse - 210 3626540)
Mar 4 2007 - Mylos Club, SALONICA, Greece

Mar 11 2007 - Great American Music Hall, SAN FRANCISCO, USA
Mar 16 2007 - Bowery Ballroom, NEW YORK, USA

More US dates to be announced shortly.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

rushfanfla wrote:Mar 16 2007 - Bowery Ballroom, NEW YORK, USA

More US dates to be announced shortly.
I swear to Ged! I am definitely cursed! I am just NOT meant to see this band! :cry: Once again... A night I probably can't make it due to friends coming in from out of town... Sigh... Hopefully they haven't bought their tickets yet. :smt013 Miiiiiiiiiiiiiike!!! :neutral:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Looking forward to the new album for sure. I've been playing some cool BF boots over the weekend :-) .
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I got to hear the new Blackfield this weekend and it's incredible! The first track, "Once", just rocks!!! Wahoo!!! :-D
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ooooooooooooooooooooooh you are gonna have some jealous people here, Sis!
Onward and Upward!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

PV wrote:I got to hear the new Blackfield this weekend and it's incredible! The first track, "Once", just rocks!!! Wahoo!!! :-D
Hmm, HOW exactly did you get to hear it PV? I've trawled through numerous sites hoping to find a advance copy but to no avail. I've heard 'Once' on the BF myspace...pray enlighten us ignorant folk.
PV wrote:I got to hear the new Blackfield this weekend and it's incredible! The first track, "Once", just rocks!!! Wahoo!!! :-D
PV I LOVE YOU!!! :-D

If it wasn't for your initial post I'd never have thought of looking for the new album. Eventually I found an abscure mention within a forum that led me to a public tracker I sometimes use. You can find the album here http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3579184/BLA ... ckfield_II I got it down in 15 minutes (using 'bittorrent' of course). To think this has been available from there since the 18th of Decemeber..! I'm so slack.

Here is the track listing for the new Blackfield album, which is once again simply called "Blackfield" (or "Blackfield II"):

Once (4.03)
1,000 People (3.54)
Miss U (4.13)
Christenings (4.37)
This Killer (4.06)
Epidemic (4.59)
My Gift of Silence (4.05)
Some Day (4.22)
Where is My Love? (2.59)
End of the World (5.13)

The album was produced and mixed by Steven Wilson in Tel Aviv and London between Feb-June this year. The album will be released in January, and the band expect to be touring both Europe and the US to promote it.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Hmm, first listen completed and I'm hooked already! Initial fav's being the chuggytastic 'Epidemic' and the beautiful 'My Gift of Silence'.

Can't wait to send em to t :-) .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second full listen and it's already a thing of beauty :-) . Just have to put this on my mp3 player before I retire, this is coming with me to work tomorrow :-) .
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Could you just send me the band? The family (myself included) need lessons!
Onward and Upward!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Having istened to the new album all morning whilst delivering I can honestly say it's better than the debut...and that's great in itself. One to buy.
I was going to list my fav' tracks buts what the point? They're all excellent. Whats the saying? 'All killer and no filler' :-) .
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Coming from you, Ogg, that's something!
Onward and Upward!
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

I jost l?ve the Blackfield stuff :cool:
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

DutchRush wrote:I jost l?ve the Blackfield stuff :cool:
Have you downloaded the album (from the link I provided) yet DR? No doubt you have it on preorder like me :-) .
I've played nothing else these past few days and can safely say that it's perfect.
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Ogg wrote:
Hmm, HOW exactly did you get to hear it PV? I've trawled through numerous sites hoping to find a advance copy but to no avail. I've heard 'Once' on the BF myspace...pray enlighten us ignorant folk.
I have a really cool connection. Yes, he's cool. :wink:

Too bad he didn't burn it for me though... :razz:
Ogg wrote:
PV I LOVE YOU!!! :-D
:oops: Shhh...

Hey Ogg! Glad to hear you are enjoying the cd as much as I did the few times I got to hear it. It really is a spectacular piece of work! Can't wait to get my copy so I can listen to it more. Ahem...
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

...well your 'connection' can't be that cool if he failed to burn you a copy, pah! :-)

It's sad that an album of this calibre, a perfect blend of melancholic rock/pop, will be largely ignored by the mainstream. If there is any justice it should sell millions. Real songs with real feel, with the most beautiful choruses and hooks. All tracks around the 4 minute mark so perfectly palatable for the masses :-) .
One listen to the opener 'Once' with the vocals reminiscent of Radiohead's Thom Yorke and an infectious uplifting chorus that tips the hat to The Beach Boys shold convince the uninitiated...perfection indeed.
rushfanfla

Post by rushfanfla »

Agreed with everything stated here Ogg....

PV will have her copy soon ;-).

My favorite is 1000 People.....