Bumperstickers

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Imagine this law in let's say.............Downtown Manhattan.

The smokers would all have to go out in the middle of the street to smoke. :shock:
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Simple solution....We'd start "speakeasys" like during the prohibition :-D :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

I think a lot of non smokers who don't go out to bars also voted to ban the indoor smoking. How fair is that. If they don't go, how should they get a say in it.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I see that same thing happening here...What if I open a SMOKING BAR?

A club that offers tobacco instead of booze? Wait...that's not gonna work...tobacco AND booze! There's gotta be some kinda loophole there... :-D
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

cool picture^^^^
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

The non-smokers are the ones pushing this all through saying that the second hand smoke is the issue. Well, not ALL non-smokers, as Dan and I think you should be allowed to, for example, own a bar and allow smoking in there. If you don't want the secondhand smoke, don't go in. People have said it is unfair to the workers who have jobs there because they have to breathe it in, and that they can't find work elsewhere, so they should be allowed to have a smoke-free place to work. I think, if it means enough to you to take away someone else's freedoms....you might just be able to find a job if you put the kind of energy into looking for one that you put into taking away a man's right.
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I agree with the fact that it should be up to the owner rather patrons can smoke in his own establishment. If someone does not want to breathe the smoke, fine don't go in. Thats your right. as far as smoking in the middle of the street, I would think most places have designated areas out of the public eye where people can smoke. You have to admit 16 people standing around an overflowing butt can is not pleasing to the eye. and before you hit me with a water balloon Leon, I am cool with smokers... I fire up the occasional cigar.. :-D
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

I have nothing against non-smokers. Or X-smokers for that matter.

I have a problem with double standards and over the top hypocracy.

I can't wait till the skinny people of the world vote for less food for fat people. Fugg, we all know it's coming. :razz:

I realize smoking is bad for everyone involved, I also know it is the right for a non-smoker to not be subjected to a smokers addiction, but it all boils down to making a choice to go into a place or not go into a place.

I tell you what, if some zit faced kid in a drive thru bitches at me for smokin when I order my 5 double cheeseburger, large fries, and an extra large diet coke, I'm gonna pull that little half a bastard thru the window and beat him till he STOPS bleeding.

(And yes that was me being funny)
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

....and all this has WHAT to do with bumperstickers? hahaha

Hey Hairy....does THAT qualify me to be a Mod? :-D j/k

I couldn't help it...the opportunity presented itself, so I pounced :-D
Walkinghairball

I almost did that myself, but I had to be funny in my own kind of way first.

RIGHT!

Now, has anyone seen the bumper sticker...... "My other ride is your MOM!"
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

CygnusX1 wrote:
"at least I can still smoke IN MY CAR"
I think this is what started the conversation, Siggs. LOL

Bro, I wish I could say that you are out there about the future for fat people, but I can't. Another argument I have heard for this smoking law is that if the government is going to supply health care, we (the people) should not be doing things that cause the government to have to pay for diseases such as those caused by smoking. Someday, that line of thinking very well may help cause the end of ALL smoking everywhere, plus controls on how much fat people eat, how much sugar we intake (especially us indians who are prone to getting diabetes), et cetera, et cetera. That logic was used to make us all wear seatbelts and dis-allow the riding of kids in the bed of pickups. *sigh*
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Walkinghairball wrote:Imagine this law in let's say.............Downtown Manhattan.

The smokers would all have to go out in the middle of the street to smoke. :shock:
Hairy, the law IS this way in Manhattan. Smokers are out in the street, the rain, the snow. I stopped going to bars and restaurants because of this. NOW they're saying you have to be 50 feet from the establishment to smoke. WELL, THERE ARE ESTABLISHMENTS EVERY 20 FEET!

You wouldn't BELIEVE the anarchy here. :x

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Your law is worse than ours, Kares.

What is the penalty for breaking it? I think ours is a sixty-something dollar fine.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

D'OH!!!

here's a sticker that's popular here....

It's displayed upside down on 4X4's and jeeps...it says: "if you can read this--flip me over"
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

LOL! Those are fun!
Onward and Upward!