La Villa Strangiato ("Rio" Version vs. R30)

A place to discuss the videos

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

La Villa Strangiato ("Rio" Version vs. R30)

Post by CygnusX1 »

Anyone catch the differences in Alex's playing of "La Villa"on the R30 archive video and on the "Rio" performance?

The R30 archived footage shows Alex at the time of its release, playing a relatively conservative tune, staying with the album...

On "Rio", he shreds it....spicing it up with cool fills and speed...I can understand that --after playing it for YEARS, but the difference is astounding...I really dig the latter version....They did it that way at the Vapor Trails show...

The more I watch it, the more I see that Alex is NOT a conventional guitarist...He plays it HIS way, and that's what sets Lerxt aside from all the others...

Siggy
Don't start none...won't be none.
Mechanix

Post by Mechanix »

Alex started really shredding this song up as far back as the Exit...Stage Left live album, particularly the beginning.

I haven't picked up the R30 DVD yet. Me too poor. Bills. Cost of living. :(
The sun is still a rumor
And the night is still a threat
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

not to worry dude....awip turned me on to VH1 Classic, and if you have it, they've played R30 (SOME of it, naturally...they're not gonna ruin a cash cow)a couple of times.....check the listing to see when it comes back on...
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I find almost everything Alex does, he does better live. And I LOVE watching it.

Peter Frampton talked about that... being able to play better live than in the studio. He feeds of the audience energy. I can understand that.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I liked Frampton....Especially when I saw him playing for Bowie on the Ziggy Stardust Reunion Tour some years ago...Too bad he couldn't follow the success of FCA...

He was still sharp as ever....He had another punk-looking dude playing rhythm that was awesome too...
WillHolt

Post by WillHolt »

You're welcome. I always line up the mp3 of "One Little Victory" and the movie, and see if I can re-create the effect. Brings me chills everytime.
Pass your ccna labs pdf exam exams in first try by using our network+ questions ccna wireless. best reagrds!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

WillHolt wrote:You're welcome. I always line up the mp3 of "One Little Victory" and the movie, and see if I can re-create the effect. Brings me chills everytime.
Welcome to the forum, Will. 8)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yay! A new poster not a Spambot!
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

:headbang: WELCOME!!! :headbang: