Judas Priest

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

In any case it will be great to get a new Priest album! Gonna be great! My son Bear is really excited to see them again when they tour. He has yet to see a concept show. like they plan on.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

well, just be aware that Halford doesn't do the crazy jumps he used to do, and he's starting to show his age...(I saw them in a club in '76, and he was jumping from the stage to the tops of peoples' tables while we were eating!!!)

i'll never forget that show...it will be etched in my memory forever...especially KK and Glenn forming the famous "X" with their guitars during the encore while Halford brings the Harley onstage :headbang:

Anyway, they still kick ass onstage, but a little slower... :-D

Still go, and still enjoy the show...it's rock history that should not be avoided! If they were here, you betcher bottom dollar I'd be throwing :headbang: 's all night LONG!!!
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

We saw them during the Reunion tour. Twas a grant showing. Yes, Rob has aged, as have the rest of the band, but...although he may not have been leaping about, he was SO in control of the crowd and what a showman!

\m/s abound!
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

He DEFINITELY takes command of the stage AND the audience....Agreed, he is INDEED a master showman...

Can you believe he had over-the-shoulder-length hair when I saw him in that club? It went south from there hahaha
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yeah. Funny you mention that just now as my son-in-law and I are currently IMing about Rob's hair!
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

hey, great minds think alike :-D
DoctorX

Post by DoctorX »

As good as Priest were in the '80s, they were fucking amazing in the '70s. They pulled the entire British metal scene out of the lake, and invented the style which became known as NWOBHM.

Stained Class is an unbelievable album, sooo fucking heavy. The same goes for Sin After Sin. Simon Phillips is a monster. There's a reason Slayer covered Dissadent Aggressor. :headbang:
Strength and beauty destined to decay
so cut the rose in full bloom.
Till the fearless come and the act is done
A love like blood
a love like blood

~Killing Joke~
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

"Sad Wings of Destiny" IS--and always WILL be--MY FAVE PRIEST ALBUM...

It set the stage--for what the world will come to know as: the PREMIER METAL BAND OF ALL TIME....you could TELL from those first recordings that it would just get better...and damned if it DIDN'T!!! :headbang:

not honking my horn, but I still have my original vinyl of "Sad Wings" that was a GEM import when first released in the US :headbang:

AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds" too....back then, we hadda camp outside the record stores to grab 'em...they went FAST...

....anybody out there feelin' that? oh...wait a minute...that was my back...OWWWW :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Choosing a favorite Priest album, even from one decade would be quite hard for me. I love that they can go slow and thoughtful as well as hard, heavy, and in your face and everything in between without coming across as whimpy or trying too hard.

My son Bear and I are seriously looking forward to seeing them play the new album live, and finding out what other songs they will choose to play with it.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST JUDAS PRIEST

*ahem*

Sorry, I was just a little lonely for a Priest gig, so I thought I might start up a chant and see if the boys would come back out and play me some more music.

*sigh*

Didnae work.

*goes to bed pouting*
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I'm withya t.....PRIEST/PRIEST/PRIEST/PRIEST :headbang: \m/

"Victim of Changes" anyone? I used to wake up to that tune!!! OWWWW!!

*throws arms to sky, looks up and gives a big YAAAAY-AHS*
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Victim of Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanges!
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

*sounds of high-powered speakers shredding their drivers to BITS*

:headbang:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

H HAD to take this pic as we were driving home from my MIL's today:

Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

So if you need to find a priest for anything, you know where to look. :-D :razz:
This space for rent