afterimage

Vapor Trails

Post by afterimage »

The more I listen the more I like it.
"Swept away like voices in a hurricane, In a vapor trail"
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I hear you, Ai! This is rapidly becoming my favorite album. Counterparts is still #1 but I don't know for how much longer. I think what I like so much about VT is the lyrics. They are much more personal, like a glimpse in to Neil's mind, which we have never really had before except on a rare occassion. And some of the songs, like Freeze and Nocturne, just show me how The Guys aren't afraid to just get down and jam. The whole album just rocks! 8)
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

The thing I like so much about VP is that looser approach to the music than they have ever used before. It has a kind of jazzy or jam band feel to it at points, though it still retains the quintessential attention to structure and arrangement we've come to expect from the boys.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i much enjoy this album , the lyrics are amazing. I also like the drifting from solos, using different guitar techniques, and it seems they focus more highly on vocals, and once again show their great diversity of style
Geddysbro

Vapor Trails Fear Factor...

Post by Geddysbro »

Hey Everyone! I was listening to the last part of the Fear series yesterday wodering if it's not the best part of the Fear series. Does anyone 'not' think it's the most forboding,challenging,gripping piece of music they've heard? Not that the other 'Fear' songs aren't great, but just like Freeze captures the essence of what the word 'fear' means. It's one of those songs that deserves to be set on 'continue' on the ol' CD player and listened to a few times in a row. Oh ok, just hit 'continue' for the whole CD. Great work A,G,N!!!
hear only the sound of the rain...
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

"Nocturne" has reasserted itself as a favorite...along with Secret Touch, and How It Is and Vapor Trails and One Little Victory and Peaceable Kingdom....
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

for the sake of arguement, the enemy within is a much better song than freeze for sake of which fear song is the best
KaelMwithascrubbrush

Aye, that's an interesting question...which part of Fear is the best. For the time being, I listen to "Freeze" the most, although musically, "The Weapon" is the most interesting and complex, while "Witch Hunt" is the most intense (and pertinent right now), and "Enemy Within" has a cool, groovin' feel. How's that for equivocation? (Ooops, sorry T, that was 5 syllables :wink: :P :wink: )
-Steven Wright
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

the enemy within has the most ocmplex bass, that helps it alot on my scale hehe, witch hunt rules, the weapon just sounds cool, freeze is one of the many awesome songs on htat album, i stilll stand by my verdict.
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

I would vote for "The Weapon", but the only reason for is that I can say that is the one of them I like most. But "Freeze" is great, too.
__

Vapor Trails, one of their best albums ever for me. I think one reason therefor is not only the music, there is also the awaiting. We have waited for it for six years. Man, that's a long time.

There are some personal favorites on this album but I like all songs (there's a simile to all of their albums). My favorites: peacable kingdom, ceiling unlimited, earthshine.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Witch Hunt if by far my favorite. However, Freeze did come out of nowhere, and bolt into the number two slot of Fear songs for me.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I prefer Witch Hunt of the Fear series, but it isn't easy to pick one Rush song over another.

Kaelmwithwaaaaaytoomanysyllables! Watch out or you will lose your drumming ability! :wink: (And yes, I know it is a stupid generalization that drummres are stupid, but I HAVE to tease anyway! :wink: Do I have to do more penance now?)

VT is an awesome lp and I must say it geds repeated often in my van. I play it so much, I heard Eagle singing one of the VT songs yesterday. The lyrics have soaked in! Whoo-ya!
Onward and Upward!
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It sounds (dare i say it) nu-metal-ish to me. (Dont kill me. :P ) But i really like it nonetheless. Ghost Rider is amazing, Geddy seems to of put alot into that one as far as his vocals go.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

I'm just tongue tied towards the amazement in the vision.

A tear of truth
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Kevin wrote:Ghost Rider is amazing, Geddy seems to of put alot into that one as far as his vocals go.
I saw an interview on rollingstone.com and Geddy said he worked really hard on that song. He wanted to give it justice for Neil. It was truly a labor of love he said. That alone makes it my favorite for "Geddy's Best Vocal Performance."
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart