Hunting and Fishing...Mmmmm

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Them's some awesome turkey-lurks there Hairy. Mmmm. Roast turkey for Mother's Day. I'm making Champagne Chicken but I didn't shoot it! :shock:

I dunno if the wild turkeys around here are different but I never see that gorgeous "spread" of tail feathers. Just smaller, brown turkeys. Or maybe I was just seeing flocks of hens?

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Kares4Rush wrote:Them's some awesome turkey-lurks there Hairy. Mmmm. Roast turkey for Mother's Day. I'm making Champagne Chicken but I didn't shoot it! :shock:

I dunno if the wild turkeys around here are different but I never see that gorgeous "spread" of tail feathers. Just smaller, brown turkeys. Or maybe I was just seeing flocks of hens?
You usually don't see Toms "fan" their tail feathers until they're strutting or looking to mate.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Marn and I are going up to one of the salesmens houses this morning to target shoot. This will be a fun but loud morning.

Time to see how the 40 cal. Taurus fires.
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

How cool is that?!! Bear and I are thinking about going shooting today too!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

zepboy wrote:How cool is that?!! Bear and I are thinking about going shooting today too!

Cool. We took some pix. I'll get to them soon.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

PIX!
Onward and Upward!
Orlando's LOVESLAVE

Post by Orlando's LOVESLAVE »

Ok, ok............... here are some pix from our target shooting adventure today..........

These are the targets we were shooting at. On the left of the pic is a spaceman (promo board from Leon's work) and the white targets are Johnstone calendars.

Here is one of Leon just after he got done shooting the 40 cal. Taurus for the first time. He had to check the targets out too. :)

Here is our host, Marty.

Here's me shooting.

And Leon.
Walkinghairball

This is one of our other salesmen, Wayne shooting his........ahem..."Dirty Harry!"
And after the squeeze..

And our sales manager Kevin and his built from the barrel back, 22 cal target rifle.
And from the other side.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

Some of the other shooters from the day.

This is also a salesman named Kevin. Brother in law to the Kevin I work with. But this Kevin works for one of the contractor companies we supply here in town. His wife was there too, but we didn't get any pix of Gail.
He was just shooting his black powder revolver. Very cowboy like pistol. Lotsa smoke.

Mike is walking toward the camera in this one. He is one of our host Marty's brothers. He had a few cool guns there. The other two guys are Wayne from earlier, and one of his son-in-laws. I never got his name.

Here are a few of our, "Moon Man" target. One from the early in the day.........
And one at clean up..................
Kevin was walking with it in front of himself saying......."Dead moon man walking."

See the top left green spot on the chest of the moon man.............Marn got that one with the Taurus from about 15 yards away.

All in all, Marn fired a 22 pistol, a 380 pistol and the Taurus. I fired the Taurus, Kevins beautiful target 22 rifle, "Dirty Harry", a 38 special, and another 40 cal pistol.

I liked mine better.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Looks like a ton of fun! Good, clean fun! :-D

That wood on the 22 is gorgeous!
Onward and Upward!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I thinks my Bear would love to have gone with you guys instead . . . much more firepower, and lots-o-fun!!!

Thanks for the pics.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

zepboy wrote:I thinks my Bear would love to have gone with you guys instead . . . much more firepower, and lots-o-fun!!!

Thanks for the pics.
Its not the size, it is how you use it.

Shooting is a whole whack of fun, nice pics hairballs. My father and I didn't go shooting often, I could have used the practice really, I shoot a bit left and 1 " high generally. The mentality was ammo costs money, learn shooting at animals then you can at least justify the shot :-D
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Some of the other shooters from the day.

This is also a salesman named Kevin. Brother in law to the Kevin I work with. But this Kevin works for one of the contractor companies we supply here in town. His wife was there too, but we didn't get any pix of Gail.
He was just shooting his black powder revolver. Very cowboy like pistol. Lotsa smoke.

Mike is walking toward the camera in this one. He is one of our host Marty's brothers. He had a few cool guns there. The other two guys are Wayne from earlier, and one of his son-in-laws. I never got his name.

Here are a few of our, "Moon Man" target. One from the early in the day.........
And one at clean up..................
Kevin was walking with it in front of himself saying......."Dead moon man walking."

See the top left green spot on the chest of the moon man.............Marn got that one with the Taurus from about 15 yards away.

All in all, Marn fired a 22 pistol, a 380 pistol and the Taurus. I fired the Taurus, Kevins beautiful target 22 rifle, "Dirty Harry", a 38 special, and another 40 cal pistol.

I liked mine better.
Hairy, can you upload 'em to me non-photobucket-like?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Sir Myghin wrote:[I shoot a bit left and 1 " high generally.
Rifle or pistol? Not bad for rifle if you're gonna shoot uphill, or longer
than 100yds.

if you say BOTH rifle or pistol are hitting there, you need to hold your
breath and SQUEEZE the trigger, don't jerk.

the biggest mistake made is jerking the trigger. We KNOW the firearm is
gonna make a loud noise and recoil when fired, agree? Okay then...

Hold your breath (or the barrel WILL rise), SQUEEZE the trigger, and let it
do its thing.
Walkinghairball

Hairy, can you upload 'em to me non-photobucket-like?
No, but I will e-mail them. :-D

EDIT: E-Mail sent..........................ok 3 of them sent. :-D
This space for rent