Is Geddy Jewish?

All about Geddy

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

I have to say i am the same way, i actually feel so much better & not confused now that i have found myself, & my beliefs. I do not believe in god, i beleive in family, friends, & myself & my own powers, i am a btter & stronger person now for that. They have already proved that Noahs ark will never be found the way people think it to be, the jewish priests way back in the days found the tablets of a great flood in the area, they decided to "embellish" the story to scare people. Now i think that most the stuff has some truth to it, but like all rumors & stories, they get misguided the farther down the road they go. Sometime back i nthe cave man times, someone decided that if they make up an all powerful being, it would scare kids, & others into being good. Geddy is right, as long as you know the difference between wrong & right, & do the right things, your good to go. I am a loving, careing person, always do my best in things. You do not have to be religious in order to be a good person!!!
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
MiriyaB

Post by MiriyaB »

Panacea wrote:I believe I read in an interview somewhere that they celebrate both Christmas and Chanukah in their home, though on a secular level. ... Since Christmas is thrown into the mix, I would imagine that came from Nancy's side of the family.
Maybe from [url=http://--http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/transcripts/mfhwmmrdec2000.htm] this WMMR interview w/Geddy from 12/18/00 [/url]:

PR: Being raised in the Jewish faith were you and your wife Nancy desirous of bringing your kids up in a certain religion?

GL: Well, I'm a big believer in the traditions of all religions. My wife and I believe in gleaning the most positive energy we can from any cultural tradition, so we celebrate Chanakah, we celebrate Christmas, we don't celebrate religion in a traditional manner because we don't believe in organized religion but we do feel our own interpretation of spiritualism and we believe in positive energy and we try to just make sure that's the overriding message we give our kids, and so what they want to believe, it's completely up to them and we just try to provide an environment that's happy and positive and full of ah, good old Jewish angst.

Y'all might also be interested in this article "The Spirit of Rand" (from Jewsrock.org) re: Rand, religion, Rush, & Geddy's background...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Thanks for the links, Miriyab!
Onward and Upward!
Julie

Post by Julie »

Yeah, thanks for that link!!!! :)
LisaBug2112

Quote from a good book! "People are Stupid"

Post by LisaBug2112 »

And really i do believe this!

"People believe anything, either because the are afraid it is true, or they really want it to be true."

That is how i look at the whole "God" issue.

"Your life is yours alone, rise up & live it!" That is what the author of this book personally wrote in a copy of one in this series. Great man!
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

after watching him throw that fit (about breaking a nail, on the RIR DVD), I can believe that....wonder if he celebrates "Festivus" too? (the Seinfeld episode...too funny) :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.