Best Drum-Sounding Album.

All about Neil

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

dsquare

Best Drum-Sounding Album.

Post by dsquare »

Is it just me or I think the Ludwig was the best sounding drum kit recorded by Neil, starting with Hold Your Fire. The Tama before and the Drum Workshop kits after (starting with Test For Echo) were just Ok to my ears. I am a toms fan and I love those deep resonant fills and the Lugwig toms sounded great in the studio, may be the production did play a big part in the recording.
What do you think drummers and drum fans?
" I 'm so full of what is right I can't see what is good."
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Well, I agree and not with you. I do love the way the Ludwigs sound, but at the risk of being wishywashy, all the drums sound great. I personally like the Tama Moving Piccies sound, even though they sound alot muffled.

But my favorite sounding drums are the DW drums..............(T4E, VT)
This space for rent
NeilPeartFan

Re: Best Drum-Sounding Album.

Post by NeilPeartFan »

Last edited by NeilPeartFan on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeartFan

Post by PeartFan »

I'm not sure if you can catagorize as 'better' or 'worse'. Before 'T4E' he played completely different. ALL the drums sound great because it's NEIL PEART, but to ME, I'm gonna have to go with the DW. In my opinion thier the best made drum today and they sound they best!!....to me