Formula 1

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

Post by schuette »

DC writes a column in the Daily Record...the main Scottish newspaper for those who dont know and this is what he said about the race...

I HAVE no interest in trying to drive another car off the road at 200mph.Formula One is dangerous enough as it is. But that's what Felipe Massa accused me of in the San Marino Grand Prix.

We came together twice in the race at Imola, although the first time I felt nothing.

I was just going about my race. It was only when I saw part of his wing lying by the track the next time round did I realise we must have hit.

We were close for a while. I was struggling for balance and he was quicker than meon a few parts of the track, especially into Rivazza.

We came together when he pulled to the right and there was no way I was going to drive wide and go off line so we came together again.

He flipped me the bird. Make no mistake, I saw his gesture. But it was not for me to move out of his way.

It was immature arrogance for him to think I'd just pull out of the way. I gave him a chance to say what he wanted to say by parking next to him in the parc ferme after the race.

But he chose not to say anything to me then. So I thought the issue was closed.

But as I was leaving the track at about 6.30pm, Isaw him give me the middle finger again.

It's one thing to do it on the track but to someone's face is a completely different matter.

So I went over to his car, opened the door and grabbed the little f******r by the neck. It was then that I looked in the back of his car and saw that his parents were sat there!

That diffused the situation very quickly. But he continued ranting at me, saying I was unsporting.

I guess in the end it's better I have had the face-to-face with him.

You don't want to race against someone with that hanging over you. And previously I've never had any problem with him Imola was very disappointing for me. I had oversteer and so couldn't run at the same pace as Tonio Liuzzi.

It is never good to be beaten by your team--mate and with Imola being his debut a lot more has been made of it.

It is clearly a mark in the sand for the future but I am not so worried. Onmy first or second GP I was ahead of my team-mate Damon Hill. If you are quick you are quick. What I have now is experience and that counts for a lot.

There's been a lot of talk about Red Bull not using me for next year. It is still early in the season and nothing is decided for 2006.

My manager Martin Brundle is talking to many teams as my aim is to be in F1 in 2006.

Right now I am not happy. The balance of the car needs to be sorted.

We have taken a step back. We have a test before Barcelona next weekend and unless it's sorted then we will continue to get worse.

Ferrari's performance at Imola was a surprise to everyone - including me.

As I was racing, upon the big screen I saw a Ferrari and a Renault together. I could not see who it was but presumed it might be Michael.

The fact he was fuelled up to lap 27 showed the level of confidence at Ferrari. If they were nervous, they'd have gone light in qualifying and got him on the front of the grid.

I said before that if Ferrari were not on the pace by Imola or Spain they could forget it. Now they are a force to be reckoned with.

I think this year could be a three-way fight for the championship, between Alonso, Michael and Raikkonen.

At the moment the money is still on Alonso. He has been faultless, while Kimi and Michael have made a few mistakes. Both, though, are capable of leap-frogging Alonso Spain will be another open race. The track has been resurfaced and is very slippery in the mornings and that will make Sunday qualifying interesting.

Ferrari have not really tested at Barcelona unlike the rest of the teams.That could be a disadvantage.For me,Iam just hoping we find the balance we need.

Lastly, thought you might like to know about Jenson Button's stag weekend. Too bad.

I've been sworn to secrecy but I can tell you it was in Prague and, shall we say, a good boys' weekend.

Next week I am off to see Cream with Eric Clapton in concert in London.Talk about sublime to the ridiculous
Last edited by schuette on Wed May 04, 2005 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
schuette

Post by schuette »

personally I thought Massa was to blame more than DC...
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schuette

Post by schuette »

Formula 1?s governing body has called for the BAR-Honda team to be thrown out of the 2005 world championship at the Appeal Court hearing in Paris.

The FIA also recommended that the team be fined a minimum of one million euros in the evidence dossier it submitted to the Court.

?The FIA asks the Court to exclude the Lucky Strike BAR Honda team from the 2005 Formula One World Championship and to fine the team at least one million Euros,? said an FIA spokesman.

The governing body is appealing the verdict of race stewards at the San Marino Grand Prix to uphold Jenson Button?s third place finish despite the fact that Briton?s car was found to be 5 kg below the 600 kg minimum weight limit.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

So I take it some driver did a dorkus maneuver and caused a wreck. Now they say,"I didn't do nothing!" Or something like that, once again I missed the race.
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

nah it's okai hairy it wasn't a good crash.....but watch it this week as schuey is back :-D
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

schuette wrote:nah it's okai hairy it wasn't a good crash.....but watch it this week as schuey is back :-D
Back in the pits that is ;)
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance.
schuette

Post by schuette »

och wheest :razz: .............I'm not commenting on the last race yet :x ;-)
schuette

Post by schuette »

Ohhhhhhh so do I ...mainly cuz of that smug wee git ron dennis!!
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

schuette

Post by schuette »

I cant even think that thought!!! :shock: ............I live safe in the knowledge that it will never happen ;-)..........but I dont know who I'll support when schuey leaves.... :?
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

schuette

Post by schuette »

yeah but I want to support someone who might actually win a race ;-)
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

That was a good race :)

I'd quite like to know where and how Barrichello let Schumacher past during the last lap.

I'd also very much like to know why Schumacher was able to cross the yellow line when rejoining after a pit-stop, and receive no penalty. It's not as if the incident passed unnoticed, since the TV people were able to show an enlarged slo-mo replay of it.

Another odd thing is that the TV commentators (and some online reports I've since read) said that the two Schumachers recorded exactly the same time at the finish - but the official results listing shows Ralf ahead by 0.1s. And this page says the gap was 0.046s. (Interesting reading, by the way - it describes how MS passes RB, and reports that Rubens was pretty unhappy about it. It looks as if Schumacher tried some deperate, dangerous and stupid stunts to try to gain a solitary extra point from his own teammate.)