Help please!

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

LisaBug2112

Help please!

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Anyone know of any lagit work at home jobs? I really need more money for my family, we are having a very hard time even feeding ourselves. In this situation, working at home is all i can do, & need to find a lagit thing.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

You've probably already seen this, but there are telecomute job listings at http://www.at-homeworks.com/telecommute.htm
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

hehe for me, or for my husband? See my extent of jobs has been Dishwasher, Greeter/seater/bus girl, & hotel housekeeper. It has been a VERY long time since i have had any job, its pretty sad really, i never needed to do much. See i need some kind of simpleton, stuffing envelopes type thing. :( I am only trying to get more income, we only have 1 car, & no sitter, so i am kind of stuck here, & i am smart, but in different ways than book smart etc.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Don't sell yourself short. If you are of average intelligence and can operate a PC, there's probably plenty you could do.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

ElfDude wrote:Don't sell yourself short. If you are of average intelligence and can operate a PC, there's probably plenty you could do.
Sure.

You could go to work for the Republican Party...

BOOYA!

Thank you very much. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress!

Seriously, be careful. Lots of scams out there. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Good luck.

PS: Are you good with kids? Have you thought about in-home daycare?
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

I used to love kids until i had my own! :roll: :-D We arent even in our own place either, so it would be real hard, im not sure what to do.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:PS: Are you good with kids? Have you thought about in-home daycare?
I was going to suggest that. My sister who is sans husband these days, as well as being without the money he used to bring into the house went the in-home daycare route. With three kids of her own, and no skills outside of being a homemaker, she couldn't afford to go out and get a job. I don't know what the laws are in other states, but Louisiana will let you take care of four kids (not counting your own) without having to have a license.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Ganjagal

Post by Ganjagal »

Very likely there are 101 things you could do, it's narrowing it down to what you want to do, that will fit into your current situation.
First make a long list of all the things you are good at, even if it sounds dumb. Then make a list of things you like to do. That is one way of narrowing down what to do.

I've been there, we used to do many different things for those few extra bucks.
* Carded Jewelery at home, many long nights & sore fingers
* Delivered Flowers to funerals in our VW van (those poor people!- it didn't have a muffler!)
* Typing for students
* Drove little old ladies to the store

Also we did some trade work, which saved us a lot of money. Like I "worked" at the animal rescue in exchange they paid for my dog to get fixed.
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Ganjagal wrote: I've been there, we used to do many different things for those few extra bucks.
* Delivered Flowers to funerals in our VW van (those poor people!- it didn't have a muffler!)
* Typing for students
Ganjagal, VW van, flowers, making jewelry at home: did you follow the Dead around by any chance?

;)

Typing is a great idea, if you're good at it. Is there a college nearby?
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

LMAO! Well i am putting apps in at places i like to go to, i can work weekends at least. I have a Rush habbit to feed, i need that extra cash LOL.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:
Ganjagal wrote: I've been there, we used to do many different things for those few extra bucks.
* Typing for students
Ganjagal, VW van, flowers, making jewelry at home: did you follow the Dead around by any chance?

;) She must have went to USC. :razz:

Typing is a great idea, if you're good at it. Is there a college nearby?
Happy 2015!