Roll The Bones

A place to discuss the studio albums

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Roll The Bones

Post by YYZ30 »

The album that started me (well......it was Exit Stage Left at 7 but I lost touch) on Rush.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

From what i hear i much enjoy this album, haven't ehard it all, yet, soon i purchase, well finding them is the trick... cd stores suck...
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Roll the Bones - one of Rush's finest moments.

What can I say about it? Great songs, not a single dud among them, although I particularly rate Roll the Bones, Heresy, Ghost of a Chance and Neurotica. The performances are fantastic and are really brought out by a beautifully crisp production. The cover is great. I just can't praise the album enough.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

RTB is definitely one of my faves, i especially like Bravado, Dreamline, Ghost of a Chance, Where's My Thing?, and You Bet Your Life. i love the sound of the guitar on this'un & the bass is quite a bit more prominent than on some previous albums.

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Scottish Lad

Post by Scottish Lad »

Good album. I went to see Rush for the first time on this tour.

My faves are The Big Wheel and Bravado.
I can learn to resist,
Anything but temptation,
I can learn to co-exist,
With anything but pain.
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

IMO Roll the Bones was an inflection point for Rush. I like HYF and Presto but RTB put Rush back in the right direction, with more guitar oriented music (or to put another way, more Alex!).
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

More Alex is a good thing. His guitar is so rockin'! Too bad more people don't realize that.
Onward and Upward!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

RTB's is one of my least played albums. Sure there are individual moments of brilliance but it rarely gets a listen these days. Sorry.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Well it would be boring if we all liked the same. At least you're willing to accept that other people like it.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

D'Anconia wrote:IMO Roll the Bones was an inflection point for Rush. I like HYF and Presto but RTB put Rush back in the right direction, with more guitar oriented music (or to put another way, more Alex!).
we need more geddy MOREEE!
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

I love the cover artwork on this album. One of my faves. Quite amusing.
Bassist of Joe's Band