Not at all
78%
No but they are struggling a bit at present
13%

Total votes: 23

Slaine mac Roth

Creativity poll

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

It has been suggested that Rush are on the wane creatively. So, lets see what the general opinion is out there.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

I think we know, generally speaking, what the results will be. This is a RUSH fan site after all.

But honestly, if you had asked me this after Roll the Bones or Test for Echo, I might have answered differently. However, as I've posted elsewhere, Vapor Trails is so incredibly awesome that it settles the question for me.

JMHO
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Not in the least.
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

NO!
Onward and Upward!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Their sound has certainly changed, I personally don't like much (I like maybe 30% or 40% of it) after Moving Pictures.

They don't seem to have a problem creating the music they want to though.
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

*Lifesonite wrote:Their sound has certainly changed, I personally don't like much (I like maybe 30% or 40% of it) after Moving Pictures.

They don't seem to have a problem creating the music they want to though.
I feel that the best sounding album other than Moving Pics was Counterparts. Peter Collins did a great job on the production.
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

most definately not
schuette

Post by schuette »

what a surprise 6 out of 6 :-D
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

Well, I voted yes, and I'm sure this has come as no surprise.
I won't go too much into it and will merely refer people to my post in the other thread.

Again, I would LOVE to be proved wrong on this....
If the boys release a killer album on their next trip to the studio (assuming there is one!) then the drinks are on me...
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Fridge wrote: Again, I would LOVE to be proved wrong on this....
If the boys release a killer album on their next trip to the studio (assuming there is one!) then the drinks are on me...
I'll take you up on that :-D
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Fridge wrote:Again, I would LOVE to be proved wrong on this....
I'll second that, Fridge! We're quite the crowd so the fridge best be full up.

And we need another option for the poll. What happened to "Not just no, but HELL no!!"
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
shaman

Post by shaman »

Im sure that there are people that might be saying this. I for one dont believe they are. Yes, counterparts is much diffrent than let say 2112, but they are going with the times. Maturing is the inevitable human condition, but, I have to say there doing it quite well, and cant wait to see what the future holds
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

I was the one who answered "No, but they are struggling a bit," because it is the most complicated answer. The band certainly isn't as "adventurous" as they were in the Hemispheres day or with the song 2112 (the rest of 2112 is good, but not especially "out there," especially when viewed in the context of mid-seventies rock), but they're now exploring more subtle avenues: production, integration of technology, layering, textures, etc. I think the payoff has come in a more personal style. Whatever one might say about Vapor Trails and Counterparts, they are rather more on the sleeve than earlier albums. As a music fan and a musician, I both enjoy and appreciate this more recent approach, so I don't consider it a step down.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i personally would like to see one more album side
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Just buy all your Rush on vinyl and you will have TWO album sides, Dweeb!
Onward and Upward!