Rickenbacker

All about Geddy

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

if she dun't like rush lose her
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

wcp wrote:Well she looks kinda like H, except rich! so she can afford much MUCH better Grog than H and she has a lot more candy and chocolate than H and she likes to give it to me...cause she is my sister...that's about all.
Ohhh! That would be V dressed up in my clothes wearing a wig.

*Stalking my hoser brother*
cobraman

Steinberger???

Post by cobraman »

I bought a Steinberger (headless, solid graphite bass) like Geddy used in Grace under pressure. Anyone know why he stopped using that bass? They look funny, but sound great, and are great for bass players that also play keyboards.
Blessings,
Ray Hunter
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Sir Myghin wrote:I'm a bassist... But i think, apparently the average basist population is in competition with the drummers for first to gain complete inneptitude?
Nah, a bassist is just someone who doesn't have enough ego to be a guitarist
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
ElfDude

Re: Steinberger???

Post by ElfDude »

cobraman wrote:I bought a Steinberger (headless, solid graphite bass) like Geddy used in Grace under pressure. Anyone know why he stopped using that bass? They look funny, but sound great, and are great for bass players that also play keyboards.
He liked the feel but said that they had a dark sound. When he first tried using a Wal bass in the studio he loved the brightness of it so much that he ended up using it on the entire album (Power Windows) and played it pretty much exclusively for a few years after that.

I never got to hear why he moved from that to the Fender Jazz Bass. Anybody know?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i beleive i read it was for tonal reason, somewher ebetween bright and dark, i personally love the sound of the wal, even though of buying one until i say the bill they tag . and slaine watch yourself you have people like me who took up guitar after for musical reasons :P