Today's Headlines (outside of politics)

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Aren't we all? :weedman:
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I have two.

This one....... :rr:

Or this one...... :naka:

Although :rr: works best.

And my favorite superhero is here also...... :spiderman:
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I am . . . :geek:
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

me & Schu : :weedman: :smt033
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

This is just plain bizarre. I guess it was this woman's time to go.
Video reveals cause of death at ATM: It was an accident, police say

By Paige Dickerson
Peninsula Daily News

PORT ANGELES -- Bank surveillance video showed that freak accident killed a 65-year-old motorist using a bank's ATM drive-through lane.

The woman died when her head was jammed between her van's door and a metal post next to the ATM.

"We have absolutely no indication that it was anything other than an accident," Detective Jesse Winfield said Monday.

No other vehicle or person was involved, and no one else was in the Oldsmobile van with Janice Tucker when she pulled up to the automatic teller machine outside US Bank, 134 E. Seventh St., about 10:30 a.m. Saturday.

"There is absolutely no evidence that anyone else had anything to do with it," Winfield said.

Footage from the surveillance camera mounted in the ATM machine was viewed by police on Monday.

It showed Tucker opening the door and reaching down to pick up something that had fallen to the ground, Winfield said.

He said he wasn't sure whether it was her ATM card or a receipt.

"I'm not sure whether the van popped into gear or whether her foot was on the brake and let up, but either way the car pulled forward a little bit," Winfield said.

When it did, the door of the van hit a yellow protective bollard, or post, used to stop vehicles from running into the machine.

"That movement pushed the door against her head, which was between the door and the van," Winfield said.

Although an autopsy will be performed, Winfield said Tucker probably died at the scene from extensive head injuries.

Door partially open

The door to Tucker's Oldsmobile Silhouette van was partially open and she was partially out of the van when she was discovered Saturday morning, Winfield said.

Medics moved the van before attempting to give Tucker aid, but she was declared dead by emergency personnel, Winfield said.

No one witnessed the wreck, but a US Bank employee called 9-1-1 about one to two minutes after it happened.

Tucker had lived in Port Angeles for about 10 years, her son, Gregg Tucker, said.

Services were pending on Monday.

She is survived by her son, a daughter, Terri Fuchs, and four grandchildren.
http://peninsuladailynews.com/article/2 ... /312169993
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

^^^^^^

Woah!!!!! :shock:
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:^^^^^^

Woah!!!!! :shock:

Yeah, that's awful. Poor soul. :???:
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

We have four confirmed cases of measles on the peninsula (I think all four are in Port Angeles). The paper reports there are as many as 20 in quarantine, all of whom were in direct contact with those four confirmed cases. None of the four were vaccinated. Yesterday I was informed that I was in contact with someone who was in contact with the first confirmed case during the contagious period. I found it to be funny because I was given this information after the incubation period. The contact with the first case was on Super Bowl Sunday and I was with the exposed person the next day. Obviously neither of us are going to need be quarantined.

At times I find this measles news to be overly focused on, though it has heightened the debate on immunization. I was vaccinated, my kids are vaccinated, and Dove is vaccinating Ryleigh. In fact I believe Ryleigh is getting her MMR shot today. I have a great number of friends who are against immunizing their children. They believe that the immunizations are dangerous, possibly causing autism and other diseases. Some folk also believe that antibiotics caused my allergies. Personally, some diseases I do not care that we have vaccinations for, such as chicken pox which, if gotten at a young age is overwhelmingly harmless, but other diseases such as tetanus and polio, well, I think that we should protect our children and ourselves from these. And I am SO glad that I got the antibiotics. I would rather be alive with allergies (if they are the cause of my allergies) than dead, as I would have been sickly as I was as a child.
Onward and Upward!