What is Barack Hussein Obama (mmm mmm mmm) thinking?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

zepboy

Post by zepboy »

My primary reason for not wanting Obama to be our President is that, in my opinion, he has little regard for the true intention of our Constitution, and the rule of law. Rather than follow the proper procedures of Congress, he uses executive privilege to get his way. Of course, other Presidents have as well, and I was not pleased when they did it either.

Another action I am not pleased with is his propensity to appoint officials, creating czar positions. Many of these positions are merely political dead weight, and their function is often clear as mud, only adding to the levels of bureaucracy.

In regards to Obamacare . . . he claims that it is the will of the people, but he never asked the people. He truly believes that being elected was the people's stamp of approval on whatever idea he comes up with. Poll after poll have shown that his health care bill is not favored by the majority.

Then, of course, are his failure to follow through on his commitments. Unemployment has remained high. Our budget is ever increasing, despite him promising to cut it in half within 3 years. After promising a more transparent and open government, he has banned the media from more meetings than any other President in history.

Honestly, I could go on, but would rather not. After 4 years, I believe he has proven that the job of President is something he is not yet able to handle. Perhaps in a decade or two, but not now.

I agree that it is the culture, and perhaps not the President that is truly the core problem, but Obama is clearly nurturing the state of dependency to his own gain.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

I'm not Republican (Unenrolled actually) and I voted Libertarian.

Johnson's platform was the closest to matching the direction I would like to see this country move in.

I voted for the person I thought was best for the job. Romney scares the bejeezus out of me after what he did to my state, and as far as Obama is concerned he just doesn't cut the mustard in my eyes.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I respect that..

Honestly I wasted my privilege and duty and did not vote this time around..

I do not think either one of them cares about our issues. They are both in it for personal gain..

It would be refreshing for a candidate to make promises and actually keep them. Here is what i would like for somebody to promise than follow through with it.. and they would get my vote

1) bring jobs back home.. Make it so expensive for a company to outsource jobs that it makes financial sense for American companies to hire Americans.

2) Healthcare.. Force providers to make it more affordable and force employers to provide healthcare insurance at a reasonable cost. No handouts but make it affordable. It is absurd that a visit to the doctor for a routine check up cost anywhere from $200 to $500..

3) get rid of income tax. tax us on our property, cars and the grocery store, but leave our income alone. People who have more money will buy more expensive things therefore pay more taxes.. but at least it is not coming out of our income.. This will also stimulate growth because people will use that money to buy products that Americans made..

4) No more free rides! There should be plenty of jobs if the above 3 steps are put into place.. You work or you starve.. period.. I have seen people working at Meijer that are effed up physically and mentally but yet they work to earn a living.. Get a job or starve..
Happy 2015!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

LOL @ get a job or starve...you know for those who cannot work its not the government who should provide freebies but the communities should help them IF NEEDED.
We're all mad here!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

People chose free stuff over liberty...again. Think about that.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

"Freebies" cost lots. :(
We're all mad here!