Obama's Speech to the Children

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Obama's Speech to the Children

Post by awip2062 »

Eagle's advisory class watched most of the speech today. I asked him about it and he said he thought Obama was trying to show our kids how good they have it today and used his own childhood and education while in Indonesia.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

OH MY GOD, WERE ALL GOING TO DIE........THE SKY IS FALLING.............WE HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED..........................ok, so I guess we lived thru that one too. :roll:
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yep we did!
And now the anti-Obamaites are being made look like fools and idiots and like they can't think for themselves and don't want to allow children the chance to think for themselves either.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Truthfully, until the children can think for themselves in such a way that won't lead to the mindless crap we so going on in Washington, I would just as soon be called a paranoid conservative! Give the kids a chance to learn and develop thinking skills before we turn them over to excessive indoctrination.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Public school in itself is excessive indoctrination. I didn't see anything like that in what I saw.
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

I saw a President who is determined to have the children of our country turn to HIM for advice and guidance rather than their parents. Yes, he said the very things that I would have told them, but for some reason the current administration believes it is their position to lead our children rather than holding the parents responsible for doing it.

I have not seen a single shred that leads me to believe the government would rather have the parents shoulder the burden of raising the children.

It takes a village to raise an idiot!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

From what I've seen that's being put in our childrens' history textbooks, it
goes waaaay deeper and further back than one speech by Obongo.

For instance, the public school history textbook that recognizes TWO
Thanksgiving holidays in the U.S. (ours, and Mexico's)

Are you kidding me?

Indoctrination is going on RIGHT NOW, and has been for some time.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball

Like I said. We have more to fear from public schools than him.

Two Thanksgivings..............ours is in November. The other one is the 1st of every month. LOL :roll: :x
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Like I said. We have more to fear from public schools than him.

Two Thanksgivings..............ours is in November. The other one is the 1st of every month. LOL :roll: :x
You ain't kidding Bro.

BYTORIANS - READ YOUR CHILDRENS' TEXTBOOKS!
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I am against revisionism myself and I believe parents have the responsibility to make sure their kids get an education.

But I saw neither of those in the speech.