Do you agree?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Do you agree?

Post by ElfDude »

From Glenn's show today:
GLENN: So I'm going to just ask you right now just to think of these things and just answer out loud. Just say to yourself yes or no. Yes or no. Is this who I am? Is this what I believe? Because I believe you and I agree on most of these.

1) Yes or no: Do you believe America is a good place, that we've lost our way over the years, that we have done bad things but generally speaking we tried hard. We try to make amends. We have tried to do the right thing. Just like everybody else, we fail from time to time and we have truly lost our way in the last 20 years. But gosh, if you look at America, she's good and our founders were good and our founding documents are good. We've just strayed too far away from them. Yes or no.

2) Yes or no: I believe in God. I may not go to the same church or synagogue or mosque as the majority of people in America, but I believe in God and he is the center of my life, and God does not tell people to behead others or to persecute others that see God in a different way. As long as that god is not telling them to persecute others.

Yes or no.

3) Yes or no: It is my responsibility to try to be better and a more honest person than I was yesterday. Sometimes I fail, I'll make mistakes, but it's my main mission to be better than I was personally than I was yesterday.

4) Yes or no: The family is sacred. I and my spouse are the ultimate authority under God when it comes to my family. I raise my family, and that comes with a grave responsibility. If I fail, I answer to God.

5) Yes or no: If you break the law, you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6) Yes or no: I have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but that is not a guarantee of equal results.

7) Yes or no: I work hard for what I have, and I will share it with others that I choose when I choose, should I choose. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8) It is not un-American for anyone to disagree with my opinion, but my opinion or others' opinions may be anti-American. Anti-American rhetoric would be anything that is destructive to the Constitution and our country as our founders understood it.

9) And the last one is the government works for me. The government answers to me. I do not answer to the government.

How many are there? One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine. There are nine of them. Do you agree with seven of them?

Here's what I want you to do. Step one: No matter where you are right now, I want you to take a picture of yourself. I want you to take a picture, and I ask you and you'll understand as we go in the next couple of weeks, I ask you if you could bring these and ask your children -- can we post these please on the Internet, on the website? I want you to ask as many people as you know, do you believe in these things? Just seven out of nine. Do you believe in them? Then will you please take a picture of yourself. If you ask your family and you ask your children tonight, do you believe in these things. Take a picture of your spouse. Not as a family. Take them one at a time and send them to me, e-mail them to me at -- what is the address, Stu? Wesurroundthem@gmail.com. This is how much I believe that you are not alone.
You can see video of him talking about it here:
http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html ... d=playlist

The idea here is how tired so many of us are with the loud divisions in the country. Glenn wants us to find our common ground. We're a lot better off focusing on that which unites us and working from there.

My kids and I talked. We said yes on seven or more so our pictures were sent to the address. :)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

I agree in that anywhere, not just the US, so as long as I ignore that small tidbit, I agree completely
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I couldn't see the video (Fox Video is filtered now...CHANGE is here America) :roll:
and I scored at least 7 of 9 too.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Send in those pictures! :-D
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

eh, lemme dig one out of the vault and dust it off....

Thanks for the public service through Glenn, Elf. :)
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

ElfDude wrote:Send in those pictures! :-D
I am due for a new picture. I realized most haven't seen me since I had hair at the latest.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I'm going to print this out and run it by the kids. I am curious as to their responses on each item.

As for myself, I agree with all nine. Well, if you read them as yes means I agree that is how it should be for numbers five and nine. LOL I don't see justice as blind in many instances, although it should be, nor do I see the government answering to me but I do see it as requiring me to answer to it, although it should be my servant not boss. Really, those issues are just the reality of part of number one; "we've just strayed".
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

1.) Yes
2.) No
3.) No
4.) No
5.) Yes
6.) Yes
7.) Yes
8.) Yes
9.) Realistically speaking - We work for each other. So yes and no.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

^^^^^

Your number 3 surprises me. But that's okay.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

It is not my main mission to be a better, more honest person than yesterday. I am honest and a good enough person and I don't think that tons of talk of God, patriotism and selflessness make any of us better or more honest. You are or you are not, in varying degrees.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I chose the awip part of my name because I really do believe I am, and always will be, a work in progress. I don't believe that comes about through tons of talk of G-d, patriotism and selflessness make any of us better or more honest, though. Now, personal talk with G-d and living out my patriotism and a selfless life, those I do believe will make me better and more honest.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

biting tongue.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I bailed on Question 9.

***Indeed. It's quite the opposite (in my case).*** :wink: :-D
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:I bailed on Question 9.

***Indeed. It's quite the opposite (in my case).*** :wink: :-D
LOL!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

zepboy wrote:biting tongue.
Why start now? :-)