Latest Alex Trial News

All about Alex

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

No, not f'ed in the head................just see it different.
Like I said bro....My own brother was at the end of 2 of them things, till the cops were laughing saying to him............"John did you just piss yourself!"

Now, here is what happened. He was blind drunk and very upset at his home. (He had found out about a buddy dying in Iraq), and he went outside in his fenced frontyard and did some yelling..............at like 3:30 am.

The neighbors called the police. Well my mom had gotten there first because John had called her all upset. When the cops got there they had him sat down on the floor in the front room and were talking with him. He decided he was done listening to them and got up to get a drink of water, they told him to sit the fuck back down. Mom didn't like that and said they had no reason to say that stuff. Well, he wouldn't listen and 4 cops took him down and then scorched him. Keep in mind this was the summer after he had broken and dislocated his left foot.

One female cop bruised my moms shoulder and wrist keeping her back and all she did was stand up and yell at the cops........."You don't have to do that." Well. I love my boneheaded brother and I feel for his lost buddy, but if he would have listened and wasn't so partied out, he would have sat there to listen to the police tell him to go to bed and have a good night. He didn't and as much as it sucks he was jolted, he brought it on hisownself.

Agreed, no one has the right to turn anyone into a punching bag yes very true, but there are also rules and ettiquet standards also. Alex being a musician should have also known Justin was in the wrong by hopping up on that stage un asked. I bet a stage crew member for Al has taken someone off the stage before.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Big Blue Owl wrote:I can't believe you all actually feel this way. It must be me that is fucked in the head. I just can't see how beating and shocking a human being ( or cracking his skull, as you say) is the equivalent to being drunk and singing on a stage. Even when being asked to leave! Nobody ever said that Justin resisted arrest, but that Alex came over and said, "Whoa, no, he's not going anywhere." and attempted to herd him back into the room.

If he'd done anything violent I'd be right there with you, but he did not. And as to acting his age, if Alex, Geddy and Neil acted their age there wouldn't be a By-tor.com. They would have stopped recording, writing rock music and touring after age 30 in the early '80s.
You live by the sword, you die by the sword.
Happy 2015!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

It is 2008. Who the fuck lives by the sword in America anymore?
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Walkinghairball wrote: Look, my band has hit drunken fans for crashing out stage, and had Justin done that to us he prolly would have been buttstroked by either a Steinberger or a Carvin "V"!!!
No no no. The Steinberger, okay. But that is NOT how you treat a vintage Carvin V!

Previous post from me deleted. I'll just say, BBO, I get it.
I understand where you're comin' from.
Last edited by ElfDude on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

just a saying my brother. :-) I understand your point of view however if a cop pulls me over on a dark saturday night, I do exactly what he tells me to do. He has no idea what my intentions are and he has to do what he has to do to protect himself. Case in point, this NY thing with Sean Bell.. The guy has been drinking, he is acting the fool and he leaves the parking lot like a madman. Sure he did not have a gun, but the cops did not know that. It was pure confusion and cops are trained to defend themselves. same thing with the Alex's son, unknown situation and they did what they had to do to protect themselves.. Who are we to question a cop? Maybe put yourself in an officer's shoes. They are trying to do a tough job, stay alive and go home to their families at the end of the day. I thank God they do their jobs to keep me safe.
Happy 2015!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

No, you remember well. As I said, 90% of the time I'm with the cops. That "taser kid" wasn't partying on New Year's Eve in a giant bar/room full of like-partying people, with his millionaire father who was probably very generous with the pyramids that evening. I am still against brutality in either case, but I can see how one, being sober and fully aware of his actions......no. Wait a minute. That's wrong as well. If I said that this electrocution was justified, I was wrong. I was going to try to defend myself, but that would be contradictory of how I think the world should be.

If a cop told me to drop, I would immediately. If I was in Fla. I think I would be brutalized anyway, laying there prone on the ground with my fingers locked behind my head, I'm sure they would electrocute and beat me with a club, just because they like to see human suffering and feel dominant over others.

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

now, we can agree. If you do everything the cop says and you still get the tazer or beat, the cop deserves to be sued. I am sure that has happened before. I am sure there are asshole cops but I would say 99% of cops are good cops. I just don't think that was the case in this situation. IMO cause I was not there.

still buddies? :-D
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:No, you remember well. As I said, 90% of the time I'm with the cops. That "taser kid" wasn't partying on New Year's Eve in a giant bar/room full of like-partying people, with his millionaire father who was probably very generous with the pyramids that evening. I am still against brutality in either case, but I can see how one, being sober and fully aware of his actions......no. Wait a minute. That's wrong as well. If I said that this electrocution was justified, I was wrong. I was going to try to defend myself, but that would be contradictory of how I think the world should be.

If a cop told me to drop, I would immediately. If I was in Fla. I think I would be brutalized anyway, laying there prone on the ground with my fingers locked behind my head, I'm sure they would electrocute and beat me with a club, just because they like to see human suffering and feel dominant over others.

Sad thing is, most people conveniently forget all that when they're "ten-feet-tall-and-bulletproof" drunk.

Now yours truly, on the other hand, I'm the nicest drunk you'll ever meet.

I'll even throw up in your trash can.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

still buddies?

Always.

No opinion-slinging session could change that. :-)
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote: That "taser kid" wasn't partying on New Year's Eve in a giant bar
I deleted my post about him. The only similarities in these cases are that they stir a lot of emotions in me. But trying to compare one against the other doesn't really work.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
still buddies?

Always.

No opinion-slinging session could change that. :-)
Thats what I like about you. :-)
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Just for the record, the "don't tase me Bro" kid knew EXACTLY what
he was doing, and it was a setup from jump street.

Stupid, but it got him the publicity he wanted.

Now, where can I get one o' them crazy DTMB t-shirts?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:Just for the record, the "don't tase me Bro" kid knew EXACTLY what

He was definitely after attention. But I think he got a lot more than he expected.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

CygnusX1 wrote:Just for the record, the "don't tase me Bro" kid knew EXACTLY what

http://crazytees.net/index.php?main_pag ... FQodE2MTFg
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:

http://crazytees.net/index.php?main_pag ... FQodE2MTFg
thankyeeeew! I even found my style!

http://crazytees.net/index.php?main_pag ... af91db1260

Owlie comes through in the clutch yet AGAIN. :headbang: